Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Destinations > Europe

Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Europe Europe family travel forum: Discuss family friendly resorts and hotels in Europe. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
Europe Family Resorts and Hotels

Old 04-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Charter Member

Question How to find a reliable villa rental? Quick help needed!

We have been in process of renting a villa in Catalonia, Spain. We have browsed through several sites such as Holidaylettings, Rentavilla, Universal Holiday Centre etc.

The problem is now that all those sites only pass your request to the villa owner or company so how are we to know which one is for real and which one is a fraud as we have no prior experience in renting a holiday villa?

If a villa owner wants the payment in bank transfer, not by credit card, is that a bad sign?

Does anyone have any experience in rental company called Calafat Retreats, addressed in Antwerpen, Belgium? That company does have their villas listed in several sites mentioned below and have their own web pages as well.

We would be very greatful in any information, experience or tips anyone could provide!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2010, 07:42 AM
Charter Member

Post How to find a reliable villa rental? Quick help needed!

When I planned to visit there last year I was also facing the same problem.. But after searching a lot I find one of the best villa on rent and there service was also nice..The people over there were helpful and the budget was also affordable..
Following are the links for that..

location estartit

location calella

I hope you like it!

Old 12-07-2010, 06:14 AM
Charter Member

Heey, I have been to Barcelona 3 times the last two years and always booked at this site They ususally have great specials abd discounts and the appartments we were in were very clean and great value for the price. If I go there in april to see a football match I think I will probably book a rental villa again because it definitely beats a hotel