Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Family Vacation Planning, Tips & Ideas

Forgot Your Password?

Family Vacation Planning, Tips & Ideas Find, or share, unique tips and ideas to help with your family vacation. Tips exclusively for families, from families.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Default Icy Pop's a Great Summer Treat

Hello Everyone

I wanted to give you a great summer tip when packing a cooler.

I don't know about you but I keep a freezer full of icy Pops. (You know those flavored icy pops in different colors green, purple, red, blue, pink and orange wrapped in plastic that you freeze.) I have a ton of them so in the summer time when I pack my traveling cooler I use icy pops to keep my food and beverages cool instead of bags of ice.

This works out great for a few reasons One, if they melt no big deal you simply freeze them again and they are good to go. Second they don't leak so you don't end up with a cooler filled of lukewarm cooler water (GROSS). Third they keep the food cold and they are a great snack for kids. And lastly you can buy them by the bag full for next to nothing.

TravelMom401

Sponsored Links