Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Destinations > Europe

Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Europe Europe family travel forum: Discuss family friendly resorts and hotels in Europe. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
Europe Family Resorts and Hotels

Old 08-31-2011, 03:17 PM

Default air from FL to Frankfurt Germany

Looking for suggestions for getting cheap tickets (website suggestions) for flights from Tampa FL to Frankfurt Germany. I will be flying in November 2011. THX!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2011, 01:24 AM
Host & Charter Member

I've had good luck with www.cheaptickets.com and so I ran a trip with random dates in November and came up with fares @ different times on US Airways for $708 + taxes came to $893 round trip. The cool part is that at the bottom of each box with the fare results allows you to check 3 other websites, www.webjet.com, www.vayama.com and www.travelocity.com! Simply click on all three of the boxes to see how Cheaptickets.com's fare measures up!

I've used many different ways to get flights but when cost was an issue (such as trying to get a fare to Paris from NYC in the heart of summer travel season) I used Cheaptickets and had luck.

There are many, many sites out there, including starting at our home page, www.familyvacationcritic.com for the latest on Discount Fares, which we track all the time on our site and in our blog so you might just get lucky here!!

Good luck!

Old 09-02-2011, 02:56 AM
World Explorers
Charter Member

We've always used www.kayak.com for price checks on domestic and international airfares. They scour the airline websites as well as the big agencies (orbitz, vayama, cheaptickets, expedia, travelocity, priceline) and give the best available fares. It's a one stop shop.

One of the best features they have is their price alerts where you can set up your city pairs and time of travel and set your price limit. It will track your flight costs and send you an email daily or weekly (depending your preferences) as well as the price trend of your itinerary. Airfarewatchdog and Yapta (two other great sites) also offer similar alerts.

Since Frankfurt is Lufthansa Airlines' hub, sign up for their email specials or follow them on twitter to get a heads up on possible deals too. Hope that helps!