Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Family Friendly Resorts & Hotels > All Inclusive Family Resorts

Forgot Your Password?

All Inclusive Family Resorts Find the perfect all inclusive resort and destination for your family.

Old 12-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Charter Member

Default Wow! Nine Days In Paradise at Beaches Negril Resort I still wanted more!

What an amazing vacation and time with my family. Words cannot express the experience we had at Beaches Negril. It was exactly what we needed to relax, have fun and reconnect.

Authentic Caribbean
Beaches Negril is an authentic Caribbean resort in an ideal location with the most perfect beach and water. This resort isn’t cosmopolitan and chic, it is tropical and picturesque…exactly what you think of when you envision a Caribbean resort. Lush tropical gardens that invite you to your room, excellent service and dining options, friendly staff, amazing inclusions in regards to watersports and kid’s activities, plus the romantic sunsets. Need I say more?

The Beach: WOW!
The resort is located on the famous seven mile stretch of beach in Negril Jamaica. In our opinion, it is one of the best beaches in all Jamaica! The pictures don’t even touch the true beauty. Perfectly clear blue waters – not just in a few spots, but everywhere! Soft powdery white sand beach with plenty of room for personal space.

By now everyone is wondering why I’m so excited about this resort….it’s not like I’ve never travelled before, right? I would have to say that the extra things you receive that you don’t get at other all-inclusive resorts played a huge role in my “rating” of Beaches Negril. We took full advantage of the extras that we didn’t have to dish out money for.

Watersports:
This was big for our family. Our kids are quite active and found these inclusions to be exactly what they were needed for a fun-filled beach vacation.

Snorkeling was something we took advantage of several times. It’s not just gear that they throw at you and hope that you find something out there on your own… you get on a boat and are taken to a site. You can sign up every day if you want! Our family spotted sting rays, sea snakes, jelly fish, barracuda and of course very colorful fish!

Our youngest daughter (age 9), took a waterskiing & knee boarding lesson and then tried it out! They were great teachers and very patient. Sandals and Beaches all inclusive resorts in Jamaica, do a great job of providing lessons for many of their water sports, so that all of their guests will be able to enjoy as many activities as possible.

The aqua trikes were fun for a stroll and my husband and I saw a stingray while out on the water.

The girls (ages 13-19) went kayaking several times and also went out on the Hobie Cat with an instructor. You can also take a lesson for the Hobie Cat. We also enjoyed the Banana Boat…it was so much fun!

Scuba is available for certified divers and beginners. If you are a beginner, you can take a class for only $80. If you are a Certified Diver, you are allowed 2 tank dives daily and those who become certified through the resort class, will get to dive once daily. An incredible value!

A Water Park Too!
Beaches Negril in Jamaica, also has a great water park right on the resort! It has two really big water slides that were very fast! There is also the lazy river. Kids or adults get a life jacket on and get into this river style pool, and the current takes you in a loop around the whole water park. There are life guards and staff around and watching at all time, so the kids are in a safe environment all the time. There is also a giant hot tub that all people can sit in and relax in the water park area as well.

Daily Activities:
Every evening we received a bulletin that shared all the events and activities going on the next day. This allowed us to schedule specific things we wanted to be a part of. Whether it is a beach party for the Kids ages 8-12 or a talent show, we could get involved if we wanted. Our youngest took full advantage of the kids club for “tweens” while our teenage daughters did their own thing during the day and went to Club Liquid in the evenings when they had teen events. Each list of activities is separated by age groups: ages 2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-12 and Teens. The younger kids clubs (2-3, 4-5) would have a letter of the day with a Sesame Street Character and unique activities like Bake with Cookie Monster, Dance with Zoe, Mini-Golf etc. 6&7 year olds would have waterpark fun, Tie-Dye, Nail & Face painting etc. Kids 8-12 would have a Disco Party, pizza making, dodge ball, beach Olympics etc. Teen Activities would be things like beach volleyball, Kayaking, Margaritaville Party at Margaritaville, Treasure Hunts, Beach Parties etc. The camp personnel did a great job at keeping kids entertained so that parents could have a little one on one time.

Evening entertainment:
Evening entertainment varied from night to night and was also in the daily schedule of activities. The Sesame Street Parades and shows were always early in the evening so the little ones could enjoy it before falling asleep! Karaoke, adult dance parties, Salsa lessons are all part of the experience here. The best evening shows we saw were the Circus Show (acrobats, flame throwers etc.) and the Steel Drum Band. Wow!

While we were in Jamaica, there was an awesome steal drum band that performed. They were the best performers of the whole week, at least that is my opinion. Check out their video! I put it on you tube as well.!

Dining:
I would have to say that watching calories is completely pointless on a trip like this! Beaches Negril has great restaurants and amazing food. We enjoyed daily breakfast at The Mill, which is a buffet restaurant that serves all three meals daily. Every day there was something a little different to get and it was perfect for those evenings when we didn’t want to get dressed up for dinner. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the omelets every morning and the kids thought the chicken nuggets and Mac & Cheese were awesome! This restaurant has a cute “Kids Corner” set low for the little ones to get their own food as well as small tables set for them each day. Nice touch!

Teppanyaki
We also enjoyed two dinners at Kimonos where we devoured wonderful teppanyaki foods made with flare. We weren’t thrilled with the desserts at Kimonos though, you might want to head to The Mill to see what they have on their buffet! Our chef at Kimonos was very entertaining and our meal was great too!

Burgars and Pizza:
Most lunches we went to The Last Chance Saloon. The burgers there were great and their dinner menu was also really good. Next to The Last Chance was a pizza bar, where pizza was available for you to grab all day long and a café to order some burgers, nuggets fries etc. Again, no place to count calories!

Italian:
Seville is the Italian restaurant and is a long evening, but well worth it. We ate there twice and everyone agreed that the Lasagna was fantastic! There was a lot of variety on the menu. In fact, every restaurant had a very good menu with lots of variety. It makes it easy to eat many different things, even if you are there for longer than a week. Its nice to try everything, then when you have a favorite, go and have it again one more time.

Ice Cream:
I almost forgot! There is an ice cream machine available for self-serve cones! Perfect for kids of all ages!

Great drinks for adults and kids:
For drinks, the girls enjoyed virgin Miami Vices and specialty drinks, and Lou and I had our fair share of Pina Coladas…we also discovered the Jamaican Smile and loved it! You could get pretty much any type of mixed drink or cocktail that you could think of, both in virgin form and alcoholic.

Tipping:

If you’ve traveled to all-inclusive resorts before, you know that tipping, while stated that it is included, is expected. Not here! Tipping is not allowed on the resort. You will receive a high level of service even though a tip is not anticipated. Doesn’t that sound nice?

Do you see why I’m so excited about this resort? I think that the value is incredible and I know you’ll agree. I would highly recommend this resort for a destination wedding, a family reunion, a family vacation, a girlfriend getaway and even a honeymoon! There is something for everyone at Beaches Negril and I can’t wait to share it with you!

Until next time,

Tami

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Family Adventurer

Wow! You really had a great time in your vacation.
Wish I could have like that also.
Well anyways, just wish you goodluck on your next trip.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Sounds like a perfect resort! I am hoping the prices will be down in the fall. Do you recall if there was a height restriction on the waterslides? or could the kids go down with their parents?

Old 12-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Charter Member

Default Beaches Negril

Wow, Beaches Negril sounds pretty perfect! Two questions for you... my kids like to body surf (i.e. play in the waves)... can they do that at this resort or is it too calm? And 2nd, I've heard there is a lot of "topless" on the Negril beach... I'm traveling with a 13 year old boy and would like to avoid that part of the European culture. What was your experience with the clothing (or lack of) in Negril? Thanks!

Old 01-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Family Adventurer
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klanders View Post
Wow, Beaches Negril sounds pretty perfect! Two questions for you... my kids like to body surf (i.e. play in the waves)... can they do that at this resort or is it too calm? And 2nd, I've heard there is a lot of "topless" on the Negril beach... I'm traveling with a 13 year old boy and would like to avoid that part of the European culture. What was your experience with the clothing (or lack of) in Negril? Thanks!
I know your post is a few weeks old, but thought I'd respond in case you're still interested. I was at Beaches Negril in 2005 with my then 8 year old son. I did not see anyone topless on the beach within the resort boundaries, which is a pretty good sized stretch of beach. I always had the feeling we were in a "family" resort and never felt uncomfortable. There are vendors that are allowed to walk up and down the resort part of the beach offering jet ski rides, parasailing, hairbraiding, etc, but after a polite "no thank you" they did not push or ask a second time. You can leave the resort grounds and walk further down the beach, but we did not do that.

Also, there were virtually no waves. Very calm, clear, and beautiful.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:32 PM

Default Waterslide height minimum is 48"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmomof4 View Post
Sounds like a perfect resort! I am hoping the prices will be down in the fall. Do you recall if there was a height restriction on the waterslides? or could the kids go down with their parents?
The info is on the Beaches website, though not easy to find. Click on the link for the Pirates Island water park and you'll see it.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Family Vacation Critic Host

Thanks so much for sharing. My family and I are going this fall and now I am even more excited! It sounds exactly like we are envisioning and hen some!