Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Destinations

Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Destinations Where are your family travel plans taking you?

Old 01-17-2011, 04:09 PM

Default Help...Myrtle Beach Questions?

I am in the process of planning a family vacation to Myrtle Beach. I have spent 2 weeks online researching resorts, hotels and beach house rentals. I have finally decided to rent a beach house. My dilemma is that I am not sure what part of MB to rent...South, Middle or North. We have children ranging from the ages of 17 down to 3. I have read some unsettling reviews in regards to downtown Myrtle Beach being some what scary in terms of drug dealers/crime and beach being over crowded. We don't let our children vacation alone, however, we do sometimes allow them to explore the near by sites. After reading the reviews, I am not sure if MB is the place for us. Anyone have any advice?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2011, 10:06 PM

One of my friends vacations there every year. They always get a hotel on Ocean Blvd (i have no idea if it is south or north of Myrtle Beach). I've never been there mysef.