Gavin's Irish Country Inn Review
22 family reviews
Families will love:
- All-inclusive, four-season resort
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Children's activities
About Gavin's Irish Country Inn
When I told my family and friends that I visited the Catskills, almost every person mentioned the classic film, "Dirty Dancing." And when someone asked if I stayed at a hotel like the one in the movie, I actually replied "yes," because there was plenty of Irish dancing, children's activities, food and festivals, similar to the events "Baby" and her family attended in the 1987 hit.
There's nothing luxurious about Gavin's Irish Country Inn. It's old and hasn't visibly been updated in a while. Yet, it has a unique charm that I've never found at another resort.
The hotel's history began in 1961, when Ireland-natives Nellie and Jim Gavin purchased Golden Hill House. With eight children in tow, the Gavin family turned old-fashioned boarding houses into a resort for families like themselves.
While the owners of the resort have "passed the baton" several times since its inception, the business has stayed in the family, maintaining its original cozy, Irish ambiance. Today, it has eight buildings, a pool, a pub and more.
Gavin's Irish Country Inn Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (7 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips All About the Extras Sail & Sign Card Carnival ships feature Sail & Sign cards, which make life so much easier. All you do is link a debit card or credit card to your Sail & Sign Card at Guest Relations or a kiosk on the ship. You'll then use your Sai...
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips One of four Spirit class ships, Carnival Miracle made its magical debut in 2004. While it's certainly not Carnival's grandest ship, it's definitely something of a "miracle" for families, who find an ample amount of amenities and activities on board. Amid ...
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- When it comes to Disney, they certainly know how to cater to families, and families who want to visit Disney's Orlando theme parks will find a large selection of resorts and hotels to accommodate families of all sizes. But which ones are the best? Take a look at these 10 favorites of our editors and...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...