Grand Wailea Review
1085 family reviews
Families will love:
- Large onsite water park
- World famous full-activity beach
- Array of water and outdoor activities for both kids and parents
About Grand Wailea
There's eye-popping kid fun. And then there's the Grand Wailea. This 40-acre resort, part of the Waldorf Astoria collection, reigns from the hem of one of America's most exquisite beaches: the Wailea Beach trimmed in golden sand and located on Maui's sun-drenched South Shore.
But be forewarned: spectacular beach or not, you may never see it for the immense amount of fun and activity happening within the Grand Wailea. We know, we know, it sounds implausible. But ye of little faith: take a peek.
Drenched (so to speak) in lush, Polynesian-inspired grounds and water features, the Grand Wailea is a virtual water park paradise with 9 pools, a baby beach, 7 water slides, a "lazy" river that speeds up and down for maximum smiles, a Tarzan pool with rope swings, water caves, Jacuzzis, a water elevator (we'll explain in a moment), hot tubs, and, most importantly, a rockin' swim-up bar.
Having just undergone a jaw-dropping, $50-million make-over, the Grand Wailea boasts 780 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites, many with dramatic ocean views; the largest art collection on the island, one of the finest spas in America, five restaurants and several bars.
In a resort that can be wall-to-wall kids (and we mean that in the nicest way), you'll happily note that an elegant Hibiscus Pool dotted with comfy chaise lounges and cabanas was created with the over-18 crowd in mind hoping for a quiet zone perfect for sinking into a thick Vogue and a tropical thirst quencher.
If your tastes run more to outdoor fun, the Grand Wailea offers full access, and special pricing, to the Wailea Golf Course and Wailea Tennis Club. Speak with the concierge about scheduling snorkel, surf or diving lessons. And hula, shell making and tie-dye lessons are sprinkled throughout the kids' programs. You'll also find a gleaming fitness center with brand new Precor equipment.
For parents craving time on their own to explore the island or enjoy time a deux, Camp Grande provides a superlative day and night camp for the keiki (kids).
Grand Wailea Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (8 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips All About the Extras Sail & Sign Card Carnival ships feature Sail & Sign cards, which make life so much easier. All you do is link a debit card or credit card to your Sail & Sign Card at Guest Relations or a kiosk on the ship. You'll then use your Sai...
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips During the cruise, I quickly learned that cruise food is every bit as big of a deal as the cruise itself. And when it comes to dining, the Carnival Miracle does not disappoint. Bacchus Restaurant Thousands of purple, bubble-like lights embellish Bacc...
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips One of four Spirit class ships, Carnival Miracle made its magical debut in 2004. While it's certainly not Carnival's grandest ship, it's definitely something of a "miracle" for families, who find an ample amount of amenities and activities on board. Amid ...
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- When it comes to Disney, they certainly know how to cater to families, and families who want to visit Disney's Orlando theme parks will find a large selection of resorts and hotels to accommodate families of all sizes. But which ones are the best? Take a look at these 10 favorites of our editors and...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...