Hampton Inn & Suites Outer Banks Review
272 family reviews
Families will love:
- Private beach
- Complimentary and all-you-can eat-breakfast
- Spacious rooms right on the ocean
About Hampton Inn & Suites Outer Banks
In the North end of the Outer Banks, far from the more commercially dense areas of Kitty Hawk and Nags Head, it's a common assumption that your only option is to rent a house for a week. But for small families, or those who just need a weekend getaway, or even those who want to enjoy the quiet of the Northern Outer Banks while still experiencing the comforts of a full-service hotel, there is another choice: the Hampton Inn & Suites Outer Banks in Corolla.
This 123-room hotel, which is situated right on the beach, is a gem. Don't be scared away by the brand name. We love this hotel not only because it's a one-of-a-kind full-service hotel located among the rentals, but also because it has its own private beach and ocean access. What's more, a boatload of amenities ensures that you can maximize your fun time. For starters there's the daily complimentary breakfast in the lobby, the 24-hour convenience store (Suite Shop) for last minute necessities and then, for those extra-sandy kids, the coin-operated laundry in the lobby. The hotel also recently upgraded with new mattresses and Cloud Nine bedding in all the rooms so you'll sleep soundly in between packed days of playing and touring. The mattress upgrade was in response to a rare complaint the hotel received about the quality of the beds, and they addressed it right away. That kind of attention to guests' needs is standard at the hotel. (After raves about the beach, the next thing you'll hear from Hampton's visitors is how helpful and friendly the staff is.)
With plenty of options in terms of pools, gyms, spas and nearby historical attractions like the famous Whalehead Club and Wright Brothers Monument, we recommend you bring a calendar and don't miss a thing. And did we mention, children 18 and under stay free?
It is important to note that there is no onsite restaurant but there are ways around that, which we cover in Family Dining.
For those of you who don't want to deal with traffic, you can book a regional flight into the Corolla airport, which is literally across the street from the hotel. But for the rest of us, the hotel is about a half hour's drive north of Kitty Hawk on Route 12. Once you are there, you will bask in the comfort of this peaceful, secluded and well-maintained getaway.
Read more about Hampton Inn and Suites.
Hampton Inn & Suites Outer Banks Reviews
Best Corolla Family Hotels
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (4 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...