Hotel Riu Guanacaste Review
1055 family reviews
Families will love:
- The long stretch of beach and warm ocean waters
- The large pool area and swim-up bars
- The sightings of monkeys on the perimeter of the property
About Hotel Riu Guanacaste
Surrounded by a jungle-like interior, where the vines of banyan trees drop down to the sands below, the Riu Guanacaste is not your typical all-inclusive resort. On any given day, you can watch howler monkeys and their young swing from branch to branch, and view large lizards as they scurry under the chaise lounge chairs. At this beach resort at the northern tip of Costa Rica, you're immersed in a pristine natural setting.
The beach is an exquisite crescent of gray sand that leads to the shallow and warm waters of the Pacific. Aside from the Riu, there are no other hotels on the long stretch of beach, so you can walk for more than 30 minutes along the water's edge and not pass any other beach chairs or any form of commercialism, a rare treat in Costa Rica. A verdant mountainous-terrain buttresses both ends of the beach. Coupled with large islands offshore, the scenery is striking.
If you prefer pool to ocean water, the Riu Guanacaste features a massive pool with two swim-up bars, man-made waterfalls, bridges, and a beach volleyball area. The entertainment team does a great job getting everyone involved, with daily water aerobics, ping-pong tournaments, and salsa dancing competitions. Whether you choose beach or pool, rest assured that you selected one of the finest all-inclusive properties in Central America -- one where your week will go by far too quickly.
To learn more about Riu Hotels and Resorts, please visit Riu Hotels & Resorts.
Hotel Riu Guanacaste Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (4 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...