Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa Review
184 family reviews
Families will love:
- Sheltered beach for snorkeling and swimming
- Waterfront pool
- Resident parrot and turtles
About Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa
Key West has long been known as a freewheeling, good-times destination for adults. But that doesn't mean you can't plan a wholesome and entertaining family vacation in America's southernmost city, too. And while it doesn't target families in particular, the Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa scores points as a good family travel hotel mostly due to its ideal location near the harbor, smack dab central in Old Town. From here, you're within a short, pleasant stroll -- mostly along the waterfront, if you prefer -- of Mallory Square, known for its nightly sunset celebration, as well as scores of restaurants on and near Duval Street and Front Street.
Upon arriving in Key West, you can basically park your car in the hotel's onsite parking lot for the duration of your stay and either plan to walk everywhere to get around or take one of Key West's sightseeing trains or trolleys to explore the island. And while the hotel is just a short walk to Duval Street, it feels set off in its own little world, thanks to the lush landscaping and waterfront setting that are pleasantly removed from the nearby party scene.
There's no Camp Hyatt (the chain's kids club) at this property, but there's plenty of family fun to be had nearby -- whether you want to bring the kids to an aquarium for an educational outing or head out on a snorkeling trip to the reefs for something more hands on. Most of your on-property hanging out will likely take place at the hotel's pool or small beach. And kids get a kick out of the resident parrot and turtles on the grounds, too.
Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (4 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...