Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa Review
449 family reviews
Families will love:
- Beautiful stretch of beach, monitored by lifeguards
- Spacious suites with full kitchens and Gulf-view balconies
- Close proximity to restaurants and local attractions
About Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa
Look at it from certain angles and you may as well be at a Mediterranean resort. Walk the beach and your mind goes to the Caribbean, but look at the numerous happy children engaged in group activities and you know that you're at a Hyatt Regency; in this case, the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa.
The Hyatt Regency was one of the first major hotel chains to embrace children with Camp Hyatt, and the staff members goes out of their way to ensure children have a fun -- and safe -- vacation experience.
The 250-room hotel is the only waterfront Hyatt on Florida's west coast, and the calm, turquoise Gulf of Mexico waters, coupled with a soft, pristine, white sandy beach, make it a perfect family vacation or even a brief qetaway. In fact, we met several families who live in nearby Tampa and often come for a few days of R&R because they not only love the family-oriented hotel amenities, but also the spacious suites with gourmet kitchens.
"We come here maybe once every two months just to get away but still be close," a poolside Tampa mother told us. "It has all the great kid's activities of a hotel, but the homey feel of a condo. It's the best of both [worlds]. As soon as I walk into the lobby, I relax. And, I don't have to clean up like I would in a condo. We can cook, which saves money, and the refrigerator is big enough to put large wine bottles in, along with milk."
Clearwater Beach is a 3-mile-long, 3-block barrier island that offers a world-class beach, a wide variety of hotel and condo options, as well as the mandatory tourist t-shirt shops, dolphin-sighting cruises and restaurants that compete for the honor of having the best grouper sandwich. Thanks to a$30-million renovation in 2008, there is a delightful Beach Walk, a large palm tree lined walkway, which provides a safe and easy way to walk to activities and just enjoy being outdoors and people watching.
Unlike many other Florida resort areas, Clearwater Beach still has more of a small-town feel to it. High-rise condos do not overwhelm the beach and there are still family-owned hotels nestled next to the Hyatt. It's an eclectic atmosphere where groups of young adults walk into McDonald's only wearing their bathing suits, snowbirds have a cocktail on a restaurant patio and families juggle beach equipment.
Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (4 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...