Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa Review
Off Family Hotels! Read more
Hotel Deals: Save as Much as 60% Off Family Hotels!
Search our partners for great deals and savings up to 60% off. Searching FamilyVacationCritic.com, we found the following deals as advertised by our partners:
- Priceline.com offers savings of up to 60% through their "Name Your Own Price" program. Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system is different from most other online travel sites. With Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system, the exact hotel booked is shown only after purchase. Over the last year, a substantial percentage of accepted offers have yielded savings of up to 60% in comparison to the lowest published rates for the same itinerary on other leading online travel sites. There is no guarantee that hotels, dates, or prices will be available, and savings are not guaranteed. Actual prices and availability are subject to change.
- Our partner, Hotwire offers rates of up to 60% off based on actual Hotwire Hot Rate® Hotel bookings made in the previous 12 months as compared with the lowest published rates found on leading retail travel sites. Prices are dynamic and vary based on booking date and length of stay. There is no guarantee these savings or rates will be in effect at the time of your search. Availability is limited. Hot Rate® Hotel are different from retail rates. With Hot Rate® Hotel you enter the date, location and star rating. Hotel revealed only after booking.
Those are just two examples of amazing offers from our partners. For more, visit FamilyVacationCritic.com and check out Expedia, Hotels.com, and our other partners.
Family Vacation Critic allows you to search various sites at once so you can compare the prices and options offered. Prices or promotions on Family Vacation Critic are reflective of what's offered on those sites. When you book tickets, your booking is handled by one of those sites directly, not by Family Vacation Critic. Transactions, and all subsequent customer care, are directly handled by the site where you booked your travels. Family Vacation Critic does not control the price, rules, regulations, or restrictions surrounding the price. Please read all rules and regulations before booking.
Review this Hotel
Editor’s Review of Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa
Look at it from certain angles and you may as well be at a Mediterranean resort. Walk the beach and your mind goes to the Caribbean, but look at the numerous happy children engaged in group activities and you know that you're at a Hyatt Regency; in this case, the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa.
The Hyatt Regency was one of the first major hotel chains to embrace children with Camp Hyatt, and the staff members goes out of their way to ensure children have a fun -- and safe -- vacation experience.
The 250-room hotel is the only waterfront Hyatt on Florida's west coast, and the calm, turquoise Gulf of Mexico waters, coupled with a soft, pristine, white sandy beach, make it a perfect family vacation ... more or even a brief qetaway. In fact, we met several families who live in nearby Tampa and often come for a few days of R&R because they not only love the family-oriented hotel amenities, but also the spacious suites with gourmet kitchens.
"We come here maybe once every two months just to get away but still be close," a poolside Tampa mother told us. "It has all the great kid's activities of a hotel, but the homey feel of a condo. It's the best of both [worlds]. As soon as I walk into the lobby, I relax. And, I don't have to clean up like I would in a condo. We can cook, which saves money, and the refrigerator is big enough to put large wine bottles in, along with milk."
Clearwater Beach is a 3-mile-long, 3-block barrier island that offers a world-class beach, a wide variety of hotel and condo options, as well as the mandatory tourist t-shirt shops, dolphin-sighting cruises and restaurants that compete for the honor of having the best grouper sandwich. Thanks to a$30-million renovation in 2008, there is a delightful Beach Walk, a large palm tree lined walkway, which provides a safe and easy way to walk to activities and just enjoy being outdoors and people watching.
Unlike many other Florida resort areas, Clearwater Beach still has more of a small-town feel to it. High-rise condos do not overwhelm the beach and there are still family-owned hotels nestled next to the Hyatt. It's an eclectic atmosphere where groups of young adults walk into McDonald's only wearing their bathing suits, snowbirds have a cocktail on a restaurant patio and families juggle beach equipment.
- Beautiful stretch of beach, monitored by lifeguards
- Spacious suites with full kitchens and Gulf-view balconies
- Close proximity to restaurants and local attractions
Rooms & RatesAs a TripAdvisor company, we searched 200+ sites to find the best hotel prices.
Results For: (clear all filters)
The open-space floor plan combines a small dinette area next to a large kitchen, complete with granite countertops, a microwave and coffee maker. It opens up to a large living area with a 42-inch flat-screen TV. A sofa bed accommodates more sleepers. Amenities include a king pillow-top Hyatt Grand Bed fitted with soft linens, plush pillows and thick down blanket; Wi-Fi Internet, a generous work area with an ergonomic chair; full-sized Portico toiletries and an iHome stereo with an iPod docking station.
We stayed in a 1,2000-square foot, two-bedroom suite, where the master bedroom also opened up to the balcony and had a bathroom worthy of a lifestyle magazine feature. A deep bathtub was perfect for a relaxing bubble bath, while a separate shower was roomy with plenty of hot, high-pressure water. The second bedroom was large, comfortable and had a non-attached full bath next to it.