IBEROSTAR Bavaro Review
1721 family reviews
Families will love:
- All-inclusive activities and dining options
- Kids' clubs and beach activities
- Airport transportation available
About IBEROSTAR Bavaro
Unlike Cancun, where high-rise hotels crowd the coast and millions of bodies find their own speck of sand, Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic still has the feel of a beach area that's recently been discovered. In the popular coastal community of Bavaro, the palm trees and beach extend for miles, so it's easy to leave civilization behind if you wander far enough. With its soft white sand and turquoise waters, this Caribbean outpost is an ideal spot to escape your winter blues and whisk away a week in the hot sun.
Spanish-owned IBEROSTAR has four hotels in one complex with some 1,500-plus rooms total, however only three of those hotels are appropriate for families. They include the IBEROSTAR Dominicana, IBEROSTAR Bavaro, and IBEROSTAR Punta Cana. The Grand Hotel is an adults-only property, but take note mom and dad: the restaurants there are available for a romantic night out without the kids.
Each resort has succeeded in creating a tropical paradise, where flamingoes and ibises run free under thickets of palms on the manicured grounds. Unlike other all-inclusives, where the same choice of food is served everyday at one buffet, the BEROSTAR has seven different restaurants at their Bavaro Resort alone, including Japanese, seafood and gourmet choices. Since Punta Cana is pretty much devoid of culture and sightseeing, there's little to tear you away from the swim-up bar -- a favorite of adults and kids alike, who float over to order limonata and chocolate batidas (milk shakes).
To learn more, visit Iberostar Hotels & Resorts.
IBEROSTAR Bavaro Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (4 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...