Kalahari Waterpark Resort, Ohio Review
1578 family reviews
Families will love:
- Largest indoor water park in U.S.
- Children's play zones
- Adventure Park with zip line, ropes course and animal park
About Kalahari Waterpark Resort, Ohio
Soak up the sights, sounds and tastes of Africa at Kalahari Resort Sandusky, an African-themed family destination boasting the largest indoor water park in the entire U.S.
Opened in 2005, the 884-room northern Ohio resort is the second in the Kalahari family -- succeeding Kalahari Wisconsin Dells -- and includes a 173,000-square-foot indoor water park, a 77,000-square-foot outdoor water park and a new Safari Adventure Park, featuring an African-themed animal park complete with camels, giraffes and zebras.
In winter months and throughout the year, visitors will find a veritable host of indoor venues to entertain the troops, from a massive arcade and a pottery studio to play zones for both big and little kids.
In fair weather, aspiring adventurers can get their feet wet at an expansive outdoor complex, which includes a three-level Ropes Course, two water playgrounds and a four-tower Zipline Tour, where explorers can enjoy awe-inspiring aerial views of both climbing walls and water.
Lodging options range from standard guestrooms with a refrigerator and a microwave to three-bedroom, three-bathroom condos with full kitchens, and a multitude of dining options, from African-themed table service to pizza delivery, appeal to a range of palates as well as family budgets.
Kalahari Waterpark Resort, Ohio Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (4 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...