Kalahari Resorts & Conventions - Wisconsin Dells Review
Off Family Hotels! Read more
Hotel Deals: Save as Much as 60% Off Family Hotels!
Search our partners for great deals and savings up to 60% off. Searching FamilyVacationCritic.com, we found the following deals as advertised by our partners:
- Priceline.com offers savings of up to 60% through their "Name Your Own Price" program. Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system is different from most other online travel sites. With Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system, the exact hotel booked is shown only after purchase. Over the last year, a substantial percentage of accepted offers have yielded savings of up to 60% in comparison to the lowest published rates for the same itinerary on other leading online travel sites. There is no guarantee that hotels, dates, or prices will be available, and savings are not guaranteed. Actual prices and availability are subject to change.
- Our partner, Hotwire offers rates of up to 60% off based on actual Hotwire Hot Rate® Hotel bookings made in the previous 12 months as compared with the lowest published rates found on leading retail travel sites. Prices are dynamic and vary based on booking date and length of stay. There is no guarantee these savings or rates will be in effect at the time of your search. Availability is limited. Hot Rate® Hotel are different from retail rates. With Hot Rate® Hotel you enter the date, location and star rating. Hotel revealed only after booking.
Those are just two examples of amazing offers from our partners. For more, visit FamilyVacationCritic.com and check out Expedia, Hotels.com, and our other partners.
Family Vacation Critic allows you to search various sites at once so you can compare the prices and options offered. Prices or promotions on Family Vacation Critic are reflective of what's offered on those sites. When you book tickets, your booking is handled by one of those sites directly, not by Family Vacation Critic. Transactions, and all subsequent customer care, are directly handled by the site where you booked your travels. Family Vacation Critic does not control the price, rules, regulations, or restrictions surrounding the price. Please read all rules and regulations before booking.
Review this Hotel
Editor’s Review of Kalahari Resorts & Conventions - Wisconsin Dells
Lisa Meyers McClintick
In an area that easily claims to be the "Water Park Capital of the World," Kalahari Resort and Conference Center rules as a national trendsetter and one of the country's most popular family resorts. This is where it all began before the resort expanded into Sandusky, Ohio.
The resort stands out nicely with its African theme and has constantly added new attractions throughout the past decade, from bigger thrills in water park rides to its newer indoor theme park. The indoor water park is Kalahari's claim to fame and a top draw in an area so dense with resorts, theme parks and entertainment.
What else makes Kalahari stand out? For one, size. There are 752 rooms and suites to accommodate families of all sizes. ... more For kids, it's all about the fun, including the 125,000-square-foot indoor water park, the 77,000-square-foot outdoor water park, and the 110,000-square-foot indoor theme park that opened in 2008. There are enough activities and things to see that the resort can feel like a dry-land cruise ship. African music spills out from the lobby where staff members dressed in safari gear and pith helmets assist guests and real tiger or lion cubs may be on display in a glass enclosure.
There is a paint-your-own-pottery shop, gift stores and seven dining options including a restaurant overlooking the water park. You don't have to go outdoors either to access the 15-screen Desert Star Cinema. All these amenities make Kalahari an ideal resort for kids 6 and older. Little ones would have plenty to do, but older children can better appreciate the African atmosphere and artwork, can navigate longer halls without "Carry me!" tirades, and enjoy the bigger thrills of the water park and theme park.
If you're on a budget, be wary. There are countless ways to blow it with photo purchases available at every thrill ride, booths with fanciful hair braids and tattoos, arcade games throughout the theme park, pay-per-view movies (and no ability to hook your own DVD player to the TV). There also are plenty of edible temptations such as picture-perfect caramel apples and creative, unique treats at The Sweet Hut. Keep in mind additional fees, too, such as indoor theme park passes, the daily resort fee for general amenities and additional fees for crib or rollaway rentals.
Our advice? Plan well and make sure kids have an allowance or can accept agreed-upon limits. Then let them go wild. less
- Wisconsin's largest indoor water park
- Ferris wheel and bowling alley
- Climbing wall and Go Karts
- Theme Parks
- Water Sports
- Water Parks
- Children's Program
- Game Room
- Kids' Pool
- Kids'/Theme Meals
- Laundry Service
- Onsite Dining
Be sure to get the Children and Family Activities guide when you check in to maximize a weekend. It lists ... Get more Planning and Tips
Rooms & RatesAs a TripAdvisor company, we searched 200+ sites to find the best hotel prices.
Results For: (clear all filters)
For more space, condominium suites in the adjacent Sands Building have full kitchens, balconies and fireplaces. Ny-Um-Ba luxury condominiums are ... more standalone units off The Sands Building. Ten units are supersized with five bedrooms for large gatherings. less