Lake Lanier Islands Resort Review
126 family reviews
Families will love:
- Variety of water activities
- Casual, laid-back ambience of restaurants
- Games at hotel perfect for rainy days
About Lake Lanier Islands Resort
Residing on the southern tip of Lake Sidney Lanier a short 45-minute drive north of Atlanta, Lake Lanier Islands Resort is a lakeside resort surrounded by beautiful views of the water. Due to its location on the beautiful shores of Lake Sidney Lanier, the 1,500-acre resort offers easy access to a bunch of water sports. Families can enjoy sailing, kayaking, fishing, paddleboating and swimming. Plenty of water sport rentals are available for rent, including luxury yachts, and families can also dock their own sails at the boat ramp. The surrounding area is also great for hiking, biking, picnicking and exploring new wildlife. Even adventurous sorts can get the adrenaline pumping with a ziplining excursion. The area also offers many well-groomed golf courses and horseback riding opportunities.
During summertime, the main draw is a huge, family-friendly water park and beach area, called LanierWorld. At this attraction, kids can tube down a raging river, hang out in the state's largest wave pool while watching an outdoor movie or dip toes in the water at the beach's kiddie lagoon. A carnival area hosts a Ferris Wheel, pony rides, and bounce houses, kiddie train rides, arcade games and more! There's something to do for kids of all ages and plenty of funnel cake and cotton candy to go around.
Families can choose from many accommodations options at Lake Lanier Islands Resort. With a variety of accommodations, this resort is ideal for not only family vacations but also multi-generational getaways and family reunions. Standard rooms and suites are at the Lodge, while villas and rental houses a spread throughout the property. Choose these units for ultimate comfort during a stay, especially if you have a larger family to accommodate. Would your family rather rough it on vacation? The resort has a special area for tent campsites and RV hookups right along the lakeside. Get ready to wake up to some gorgeous, sunrise views!
Lake Lanier Islands Resort Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (7 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips All About the Extras Sail & Sign Card Carnival ships feature Sail & Sign cards, which make life so much easier. All you do is link a debit card or credit card to your Sail & Sign Card at Guest Relations or a kiosk on the ship. You'll then use your Sai...
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips One of four Spirit class ships, Carnival Miracle made its magical debut in 2004. While it's certainly not Carnival's grandest ship, it's definitely something of a "miracle" for families, who find an ample amount of amenities and activities on board. Amid ...
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- When it comes to Disney, they certainly know how to cater to families, and families who want to visit Disney's Orlando theme parks will find a large selection of resorts and hotels to accommodate families of all sizes. But which ones are the best? Take a look at these 10 favorites of our editors and...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...