Le Square Phillips Hotel & Suites Review
495 family reviews
Families will love:
- Short walk from Old Montreal
- Kitchenettes available
- Indoor rooftop pool
About Le Square Phillips Hotel & Suites
Less than an hour from the upstate New York and Vermont border crossings, Montreal is one of Canada's most cosmopolitan cities. Set on an island, almost every view leads to water. The Old Montreal section of town, with cobblestone streets winding to small boutiques and cozy French restaurants is partially on the shores of the St. Lawrence River. But you'll also want to check out the other fun neighborhoods, like the Plateau, known for its eclectic mix of food, and Montreal's east side, home to The Botanical Gardens and the Biodome.
Truth be told, Montreal is a wonderful city for families. It's not only a great walking town, but many sites are catered to kids. Take the Insectarium, for example, located in the beautiful Botanical Gardens. Kids get to see bees fly in and out of tubes as they collect pollen for their hive, understand how the architect Gaudi was inspired by termite hills to create his unique buildings in Barcelona, and see all kinds of creepy, crawlies like tarantulas, a praying mantis, and the far too large flying goliath beetle, which thankfully lives somewhere in Cameroon.
In that same Botanical Garden, there's a small area called The Courtyard of the Senses, where folks get to smell and taste many different plants. Across the street, the Biodome is, in actuality, a zoo. You walk in a circular fashion through four different temperate zones to see many of the animals that live in each particular climate. Old Montreal leads to the Labyrinthe, a whimsical maze inside a former warehouse. You can also rent bikes and ride along the Lachine Canal, stopping for a French lunch of baguette, cheeses, pates, and fruit at the Marche Atwater, a large farmer's market. There's even an amusement park, La Ronde, a member of Six Flags.
Stay in the center of the city, a short walk from Old Montreal, at Square Phillips Hotel & Suites. Housed in a historic building, the hotel features spacious rooms, complimentary breakfast every morning in a private lounge, and an indoor rooftop pool and sundeck with views of the city.
Le Square Phillips Hotel & Suites Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (4 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...