Longboat Key Club & Resort Review
205 family reviews
Families will love:
- The beachfront locale and heated pool
- The slew of activities and Kids Klub for Ages 5 to 12
- Spacious rooms, which include balconies overlooking the Gulf of Mexico and the nightly sunset.
About Longboat Key Club & Resort
Arriving at Longboat Key Club is like driving on to a small college campus, one where you're immediately welcome as part of the alumni family. That's because Longboat Key Club is not merely a resort but a thriving year-round community where fortunate members expect their fitness center to rival any urban health club in America (actually it's better when you consider all the classes being offered on the beach at the Mind & Motion Studio). Then there are the 45 holes of golf, well-manicured and free of charge to all bird life including swans, great blue herons, and those pink roseate spoonbills, and the 20 clay courts in the Tennis Gardens, home to the professional Sarasota Open each year.
Oh, there's so much more at this 410-acre property, located on a barrier island just outside of Sarasota. For starters, hit the long expanse of white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico and the resort's kayaks, sailboats, and other beach toys. The comfy chaise lounge chairs at the pool, where full waiter service is featured, is another hot spot for sun worshippers. The seven restaurants scattered across the property use produce supplied by 25 local purveyors and soon the resort will have its own herb and vegetable garden. A short shuttle from the hotel is the marina, the largest in southwest Florida, offering fishing, sailing, and boating charters.
For families, a year-round Kid's Klub is available for kids ages 5 to 12. The spa offers mother and daughter manis and pedis, and the fitness center will arrange a guided sea kayaking tour through the mangroves with a naturalist or a yoga retreat for the family on the beach. The spacious rooms include two-bedroom suites with full kitchen so you don't have to dine out every meal. The best part, however, is the balcony perfectly perched over the Gulf of Mexico so you can see the red orb of a sun melt into the waters nightly. That's my idea of paradise.
Longboat Key Club & Resort Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (7 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips All About the Extras Sail & Sign Card Carnival ships feature Sail & Sign cards, which make life so much easier. All you do is link a debit card or credit card to your Sail & Sign Card at Guest Relations or a kiosk on the ship. You'll then use your Sai...
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips One of four Spirit class ships, Carnival Miracle made its magical debut in 2004. While it's certainly not Carnival's grandest ship, it's definitely something of a "miracle" for families, who find an ample amount of amenities and activities on board. Amid ...
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- When it comes to Disney, they certainly know how to cater to families, and families who want to visit Disney's Orlando theme parks will find a large selection of resorts and hotels to accommodate families of all sizes. But which ones are the best? Take a look at these 10 favorites of our editors and...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...