Marriott's Aruba Surf Club Review
Off Family Hotels! Read more
Hotel Deals: Save as Much as 60% Off Family Hotels!
Search our partners for great deals and savings up to 60% off. Searching FamilyVacationCritic.com, we found the following deals as advertised by our partners:
- Priceline.com offers savings of up to 60% through their "Name Your Own Price" program. Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system is different from most other online travel sites. With Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system, the exact hotel booked is shown only after purchase. Over the last year, a substantial percentage of accepted offers have yielded savings of up to 60% in comparison to the lowest published rates for the same itinerary on other leading online travel sites. There is no guarantee that hotels, dates, or prices will be available, and savings are not guaranteed. Actual prices and availability are subject to change.
- Our partner, Hotwire offers rates of up to 60% off based on actual Hotwire Hot Rate® Hotel bookings made in the previous 12 months as compared with the lowest published rates found on leading retail travel sites. Prices are dynamic and vary based on booking date and length of stay. There is no guarantee these savings or rates will be in effect at the time of your search. Availability is limited. Hot Rate® Hotel are different from retail rates. With Hot Rate® Hotel you enter the date, location and star rating. Hotel revealed only after booking.
Those are just two examples of amazing offers from our partners. For more, visit FamilyVacationCritic.com and check out Expedia, Hotels.com, and our other partners.
Family Vacation Critic allows you to search various sites at once so you can compare the prices and options offered. Prices or promotions on Family Vacation Critic are reflective of what's offered on those sites. When you book tickets, your booking is handled by one of those sites directly, not by Family Vacation Critic. Transactions, and all subsequent customer care, are directly handled by the site where you booked your travels. Family Vacation Critic does not control the price, rules, regulations, or restrictions surrounding the price. Please read all rules and regulations before booking.
Review this Hotel
Editor’s Review of Marriott's Aruba Surf Club
As guests cross a bridge atop a small lagoon, they're welcomed into Aruba Surf Club, a timeshare property in Marriot's Vacation Club International group. It's hard to imagine a tropical resort better designed for family entertainment. Built between 2004 and 2007 and renovated as recently as 2012, all of the sprawling upscale high-rise's 450 rooms are suites, ranging from one- to three-bedrooms in size, and providing kitchens, washers and dryers to make life as easy as possible for families with children.
Down below, the resort's garden courtyard is a veritable amusement park for kids, with a lazy river pool that winds itself more than 100 yards through lush plant-filled gardens, past waterfalls and eddies and around pool ... more bars and Jacuzzis. Kids can grab a raft and spend all day exploring its nooks and crannies, while parents can relax with a Pina Colada and lounge chair, safe in the knowledge that their children are both contained and entertained. Indeed, with three restaurants and a kids club, it would be easy to spend an entire vacation on the resort.
That is, if it weren't for the Surf Club's location on one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean. Palm Beach is Aruba's high-rise tourist district, and it bustles with activity. The resort has an expedition desk to help guests arrange tours and activities, such as parasailing. As a bonus, the resort is attached to the Marriott Aruba and Stellaris Casino, so guests can take advantage of the many restaurants, bars and casino gambling options.
The only downside to this resort is its size and popularity, which makes it somewhat crowded, and sometimes extremely so. Unless you are an early riser, it can be a hassle to find a chair at the pool or reserve a palapa (thatched beach umbrella) on the beach. Sometimes the lazy river is more lazy than desirable, due to the jam of raft traffic. If you are looking for a quiet experience, check out one of the more laid-back resorts in the low-rise hotel district farther down the beach. If you are looking for an action-packed vacation full of water fun, however, the Surf Club is hard to beat.
For more information, read about Marriott Vacation Club Resorts and Hotels. less
- Floating rafts down the lazy river pool
- Quick access to the beautiful white-sand Palm Beach
- Spacious suites with kitchens, balconies and large living areas
- DVD Player
- Family Room 5+
- Laundry Service
The Surf Club has a state of the art fitness room with free weights and shiny, new-looking exercise and cardio machines. The ... Get more Planning and Tips
Rooms & RatesAs a TripAdvisor company, we searched 200+ sites to find the best hotel prices.
Results For: (clear all filters)
Kitchens are large and cheery, with luxurious granite countertops, cherry wood finishes, and sharp blue and white tiles on the walls. They include full-size refrigerators, microwaves and stoves (with ovens), along with all the requisite pots and pans you'll need to cook meals for the whole family. Living rooms contain a full-size table for dining, as well as a separate lounge area with a huge flat-screen TV and DVD player. Family-friendly movies are available to borrow from the Kids Club downstairs. All rooms feature a balcony overlooking the pool or the ocean.
Free WiFi is available in all rooms, which is actually a rarity at other Aruban resorts. Cribs are available upon request and are free of charge. All children stay free.