Grand Lucayan Review
Off Family Hotels! Read more
Hotel Deals: Save as Much as 60% Off Family Hotels!
Search our partners for great deals and savings up to 60% off. Searching FamilyVacationCritic.com, we found the following deals as advertised by our partners:
- Priceline.com offers savings of up to 60% through their "Name Your Own Price" program. Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system is different from most other online travel sites. With Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system, the exact hotel booked is shown only after purchase. Over the last year, a substantial percentage of accepted offers have yielded savings of up to 60% in comparison to the lowest published rates for the same itinerary on other leading online travel sites. There is no guarantee that hotels, dates, or prices will be available, and savings are not guaranteed. Actual prices and availability are subject to change.
- Our partner, Hotwire offers rates of up to 60% off based on actual Hotwire Hot Rate® Hotel bookings made in the previous 12 months as compared with the lowest published rates found on leading retail travel sites. Prices are dynamic and vary based on booking date and length of stay. There is no guarantee these savings or rates will be in effect at the time of your search. Availability is limited. Hot Rate® Hotel are different from retail rates. With Hot Rate® Hotel you enter the date, location and star rating. Hotel revealed only after booking.
Those are just two examples of amazing offers from our partners. For more, visit FamilyVacationCritic.com and check out Expedia, Hotels.com, and our other partners.
Family Vacation Critic allows you to search various sites at once so you can compare the prices and options offered. Prices or promotions on Family Vacation Critic are reflective of what's offered on those sites. When you book tickets, your booking is handled by one of those sites directly, not by Family Vacation Critic. Transactions, and all subsequent customer care, are directly handled by the site where you booked your travels. Family Vacation Critic does not control the price, rules, regulations, or restrictions surrounding the price. Please read all rules and regulations before booking.
Review this Hotel
Editor’s Review of Grand Lucayan
The fourth-largest island in the Bahamas, Grand Bahama is blessed with glorious white sands, championship golf courses, a slew of international restaurants, casinos and reefs teeming with tropical fish and other sea life. Each day, parents have to make the hard choice of whether to bring the kids over to greet the dolphins, snorkel, sea-kayak, shop or simply hit the pools and beaches. If the stretch of beaches happens to be a 7.5-acre gem of pearly white coastline -- like the one Grand Lucayan has at its doorstep -- then you have all the makings of a fabulous family retreat.
First opened in 1998, the Grand Lucayan is a mega-resort with a confusing number of big-name hoteliers attached to the destination. First, Sheraton came ... more on and opened an Art Deco, hexagon-shaped structure that houses more than 500 rooms. Several years later, Westin took over a quiet corner of Lucaya Beach and opened three sets of accommodations -- a large, ten-story, S-shaped building called Breakers Cay; the lowrise Lighthouse Pointe; and the two dozen or so two-bedroom suites that make up The Lanai. In 2009, Radisson purchased the Westin section of Our Lucaya and its 740 guest rooms and the Sheraton half of the property was called The Reef. Today, Grand Lucayan is a multi-building property.
Grand Lucayan is set on 7.5 acres and features 542 hotel rooms, including 25 one- and two-bedroom suites. Besides its ideal setting atop one of the finest stretches of coastline in the country, the resort boasts three pools, a golf course, tennis courts, nine restaurants, a 25,000-square-foot spa and fitness area, and shopping at the nearby marina. So you'll have more than enough to keep you busy, whether you're on a quick, four-day jaunt or weeklong getaway.
- Onsite family dining & dining plans
- One- and two-bedroom suites
- Lots of water sports and activities available for families
- All Inclusive
- Water Sports
- Children's Program
- Connecting Rooms
- Game Room
- Kids' Pool
- Onsite Dining
The Fitness Center has daily aerobic and yoga workouts. At the Senses Spa, indulge in the signature treatment, Bahamian ... Get more Planning and Tips
Rooms & RatesAs a TripAdvisor company, we searched 200+ sites to find the best hotel prices.
Results For: (clear all filters)
The room is decorated in Caribbean blues and whites, adding a gentle touch. There's a small kitchenette with a refrigerator to stock water and other drinks and a ... more microwave to heat up last night's leftovers for lunch. There are also bath robes and hair dryers to use in the large bathroom, Wi-Fi in the room (for an extra charge), flat-screen televisions with a good range of cable channels, a coffee maker and 24-hour room service to order anything your little heart desires.