Ritz-Carlton Kapalua Review
403 family reviews
Families will love:
- Ambassadors of the Environment program
- Quiet Kapalua coast
- Suites with large living spaces
About Ritz-Carlton Kapalua
The Ritz-Carlton Kapalua is, as the name implies, a luxurious resort on Maui's Kapalua Coast. Tucked away from the resort-heavy area of Wailea, Kapalua is an hour from the airport, along a typically two-lane road that offers beautiful beach views. The resort sits at the farthest end of the resorts along this highway, nestled into a mountainside with lush vegetation (and 100 more days of rain each year than the resorts just 20 minutes down the road at Kaanapali).
The resort was originally constructed in 1992 and received a full renovation in 2008. Shaped like a U, it overlooks the ocean with floors and a pool descending gracefully down the slope. The resort is not located right on a beach, as during construction, a Hawaiian burial ground was discovered and the resort decided to redo its plans and preserve the area, which now appears as a great lawn behind a row of manicured hedges. A winding path takes guests down to Fleming Beach, where guests enjoy Ritz-Carlton's renowned Ambassadors of the Environment Program.
Additionally, the hotel sits next to a golf resort with two courses, plus shops and other vacation rentals, and guests of the Ritz-Carlton Kapalua can enjoy them all.
To learn more about Ritz-Carlton, please visit Ritz-Carlton.
Ritz-Carlton Kapalua Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (4 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...