The Village at Wild Dunes Review
Off Family Hotels! Read more
Hotel Deals: Save as Much as 60% Off Family Hotels!
Search our partners for great deals and savings up to 60% off. Searching FamilyVacationCritic.com, we found the following deals as advertised by our partners:
- Priceline.com offers savings of up to 60% through their "Name Your Own Price" program. Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system is different from most other online travel sites. With Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system, the exact hotel booked is shown only after purchase. Over the last year, a substantial percentage of accepted offers have yielded savings of up to 60% in comparison to the lowest published rates for the same itinerary on other leading online travel sites. There is no guarantee that hotels, dates, or prices will be available, and savings are not guaranteed. Actual prices and availability are subject to change.
- Our partner, Hotwire offers rates of up to 60% off based on actual Hotwire Hot Rate® Hotel bookings made in the previous 12 months as compared with the lowest published rates found on leading retail travel sites. Prices are dynamic and vary based on booking date and length of stay. There is no guarantee these savings or rates will be in effect at the time of your search. Availability is limited. Hot Rate® Hotel are different from retail rates. With Hot Rate® Hotel you enter the date, location and star rating. Hotel revealed only after booking.
Those are just two examples of amazing offers from our partners. For more, visit FamilyVacationCritic.com and check out Expedia, Hotels.com, and our other partners.
Family Vacation Critic allows you to search various sites at once so you can compare the prices and options offered. Prices or promotions on Family Vacation Critic are reflective of what's offered on those sites. When you book tickets, your booking is handled by one of those sites directly, not by Family Vacation Critic. Transactions, and all subsequent customer care, are directly handled by the site where you booked your travels. Family Vacation Critic does not control the price, rules, regulations, or restrictions surrounding the price. Please read all rules and regulations before booking.
Review this Hotel
Editor’s Review of The Village at Wild Dunes
Wild Dunes Resort is on the furthermost tip of Isle of Palms, a laid back and beautiful barrier island off the South Carolina coast about a half-hour's drive from historic Charleston. With the Atlantic Ocean bordering one side and the Intracoastal Waterway on the other, this 1,600-acre year-round beach resort offers lots of family-friendly activities, including watersports, games and crafts, tennis, golf, biking and eco-oriented adventures that allow you to explore the area's intriguing ecosystem. The list of summer programs (including all sorts of kids' camps and sports clinics) is about a mile long, each option sounding more inviting than the next. And if you're visiting on a holiday -- whether it's July 4 or the Christmas season --
special programs and offerings themed to that holiday abound.
This sprawling resort encompasses several types of accommodations, including a 93-room hotel called the Boardwalk Inn, more than 350 one- to four-bedroom villas and three- to 11-bedroom homes, and 120 guestrooms and suites in the fairly new Village at Wild Dunes -- the best accommodation for most families. Opened in 2008, the modern, bright, beach-themed Village offers both concierge and housekeeping service to all guests who stay in its hotel-like guestrooms, studios and suites. Both the studios (which have kitchenettes) and the one-, two- and three-bedroom suites (which have full kitchens) have washer/dryers.
Resort amenities include beach access, a variety of restaurants and snack bars (from fine dining to deli take-out), several swimming pools, a fitness center, two golf courses, 17 tennis courts, a spa, miles of walking and jogging paths and valet parking. less
- Resort right on the beach
- Kids' and family programs
- Studios and suites with kitchens and washer/dryers
- Water Sports
- Horseback Riding
- Children's Program
- DVD Player
- Family Room 5+
- Kids' Pool
- Kids'/Theme Meals
- Laundry Service
- Onsite Dining
The Charleston International Airport is a 30-minute drive from the resort. Although Wild Dunes doesn't offer a free shuttle, the ... Get more Planning and Tips