The Village at Wild Dunes Review
540 family reviews
Families will love:
- Resort right on the beach
- Kids' and family programs
- Studios and suites with kitchens and washer/dryers
About The Village at Wild Dunes
Wild Dunes Resort is on the furthermost tip of Isle of Palms, a laid back and beautiful barrier island off the South Carolina coast about a half-hour's drive from historic Charleston. With the Atlantic Ocean bordering one side and the Intracoastal Waterway on the other, this 1,600-acre year-round beach resort offers lots of family-friendly activities, including watersports, games and crafts, tennis, golf, biking and eco-oriented adventures that allow you to explore the area's intriguing ecosystem. The list of summer programs (including all sorts of kids' camps and sports clinics) is about a mile long, each option sounding more inviting than the next. And if you're visiting on a holiday -- whether it's July 4 or the Christmas season -- special programs and offerings themed to that holiday abound.
This sprawling resort encompasses several types of accommodations, including a 93-room hotel called the Boardwalk Inn, more than 350 one- to four-bedroom villas and three- to 11-bedroom homes, and 120 guestrooms and suites in the fairly new Village at Wild Dunes -- the best accommodation for most families. Opened in 2008, the modern, bright, beach-themed Village offers both concierge and housekeeping service to all guests who stay in its hotel-like guestrooms, studios and suites. Both the studios (which have kitchenettes) and the one-, two- and three-bedroom suites (which have full kitchens) have washer/dryers.
Resort amenities include beach access, a variety of restaurants and snack bars (from fine dining to deli take-out), several swimming pools, a fitness center, two golf courses, 17 tennis courts, a spa, miles of walking and jogging paths and valet parking.
The Village at Wild Dunes Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (7 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips All About the Extras Sail & Sign Card Carnival ships feature Sail & Sign cards, which make life so much easier. All you do is link a debit card or credit card to your Sail & Sign Card at Guest Relations or a kiosk on the ship. You'll then use your Sai...
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips One of four Spirit class ships, Carnival Miracle made its magical debut in 2004. While it's certainly not Carnival's grandest ship, it's definitely something of a "miracle" for families, who find an ample amount of amenities and activities on board. Amid ...
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- When it comes to Disney, they certainly know how to cater to families, and families who want to visit Disney's Orlando theme parks will find a large selection of resorts and hotels to accommodate families of all sizes. But which ones are the best? Take a look at these 10 favorites of our editors and...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...