The Westin St. John Resort & Villas Review
Off Family Hotels! Read more
Hotel Deals: Save as Much as 60% Off Family Hotels!
Search our partners for great deals and savings up to 60% off. Searching FamilyVacationCritic.com, we found the following deals as advertised by our partners:
- Priceline.com offers savings of up to 60% through their "Name Your Own Price" program. Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system is different from most other online travel sites. With Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system, the exact hotel booked is shown only after purchase. Over the last year, a substantial percentage of accepted offers have yielded savings of up to 60% in comparison to the lowest published rates for the same itinerary on other leading online travel sites. There is no guarantee that hotels, dates, or prices will be available, and savings are not guaranteed. Actual prices and availability are subject to change.
- Our partner, Hotwire offers rates of up to 60% off based on actual Hotwire Hot Rate® Hotel bookings made in the previous 12 months as compared with the lowest published rates found on leading retail travel sites. Prices are dynamic and vary based on booking date and length of stay. There is no guarantee these savings or rates will be in effect at the time of your search. Availability is limited. Hot Rate® Hotel are different from retail rates. With Hot Rate® Hotel you enter the date, location and star rating. Hotel revealed only after booking.
Those are just two examples of amazing offers from our partners. For more, visit FamilyVacationCritic.com and check out Expedia, Hotels.com, and our other partners.
Family Vacation Critic allows you to search various sites at once so you can compare the prices and options offered. Prices or promotions on Family Vacation Critic are reflective of what's offered on those sites. When you book tickets, your booking is handled by one of those sites directly, not by Family Vacation Critic. Transactions, and all subsequent customer care, are directly handled by the site where you booked your travels. Family Vacation Critic does not control the price, rules, regulations, or restrictions surrounding the price. Please read all rules and regulations before booking.
Review this Hotel
Editor’s Review of The Westin St. John Resort & Villas
Picture a 47-acre property sprawled out on a Caribbean hillside that slopes down directly to its own beach. You do not need to imagine such a place: it exists at the Westin St. John. St. John, part of the U.S. Virgin Islands, is unique. Two-thirds of the island is protected as part of the Virgin Islands National Park. That means there's much more greenery on this island than vacation home development. You just have to venture out of funky Cruz Bay, the main town, to explore. On this island with no traffic lights, you will discover nearly deserted white-sand beaches and abundant snorkeling and dive sites.
When you have had your fill of Robinson Crusoe adventuring, come back to the civilized comforts of the Westin St. John, ... more the most family-friendly of the island's two major resorts. The property features 175 hotel rooms as well as 146 villas offering studios to up to three bedrooms in units similar to condominiums that come with home-like conveniences of kitchens, washer/dryers, separate bedrooms and sitting areas. In addition, the resort features a daily children's program and lots of water sports.
Learn more about Westin Hotels and Resorts, read Westin Hotels and Resorts. less
- Villas with full kitchens and living areas
- Children's program for ages 3 to 12
- Complimentary ferry to St. Thomas for shopping with a resort transfer
- Water Sports
- Children's Program
- Connecting Rooms
- DVD Player
- Family Room 5+
- Game Room
- Laundry Service
- Onsite Dining
Babysitting is available for a fee. The gym, in a separate building, has glass walls and two air-conditioned rooms with good ... Get more Planning and Tips
Rooms & RatesAs a TripAdvisor company, we searched 200+ sites to find the best hotel prices.
Results For: (clear all filters)
Also, consider whether you would like a "villa," a studio to three-bedroom, condominium-like property that comes with the conveniences of a kitchen, washer/dryer and sitting area with a pullout sofa. We found our three-bedroom unit extremely ... more comfortable. We saved money on breakfasts and snacks plus we used the sitting area for card games and working on jigsaw puzzles -- a family tradition -- and for hanging out. The three bedrooms provided privacy and the three bathrooms ensured no waits for showers.
Consider the location carefully for a villa as well. Many of the villas are located hillside in three-story buildings. The higher you go, the better your view may be -- but not always. Although our unit in building 26 was near the crest of the hill, our first-floor unit looked out onto bushes. Also, the third bedroom, a nice size for what is typically a tiny room in most resort condos, lacked a window, a situation that bothered my daughter a bit.
Unlike in the hotel rooms, the decor can vary significantly in the villas, as these have different owners. Westin constructed the first villas nearly 20 years ago. Other buildings went up more recently. Many owners, but not all, have renovated and some more recently than others. Some units possess a two-level floor plan. This can be great when you have teens you don't want to hear late at night, but less convenient when you have little children.
Our three-bedroom unit came with trendy, contemporary furnishings, including a blue glass-tiled kitchen bar, granite counters, dark wood furnishings, four flat-screen televisions, CD players and the biggest soaking tub we had ever seen out of a showroom in the master suite.
Despite some good views, we don't recommend buildings 31 to 34. Located across the road from the main property, these units are far from the main facilities and situated at the top of a very steep hill. After walking over to visit our friends in one of these buildings, we felt as if we had worked out on a Stairmaster. less