Wilderness Hotel & Resort Review
Off Family Hotels! Read more
Hotel Deals: Save as Much as 60% Off Family Hotels!
Search our partners for great deals and savings up to 60% off. Searching FamilyVacationCritic.com, we found the following deals as advertised by our partners:
- Priceline.com offers savings of up to 60% through their "Name Your Own Price" program. Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system is different from most other online travel sites. With Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system, the exact hotel booked is shown only after purchase. Over the last year, a substantial percentage of accepted offers have yielded savings of up to 60% in comparison to the lowest published rates for the same itinerary on other leading online travel sites. There is no guarantee that hotels, dates, or prices will be available, and savings are not guaranteed. Actual prices and availability are subject to change.
- Our partner, Hotwire offers rates of up to 60% off based on actual Hotwire Hot Rate® Hotel bookings made in the previous 12 months as compared with the lowest published rates found on leading retail travel sites. Prices are dynamic and vary based on booking date and length of stay. There is no guarantee these savings or rates will be in effect at the time of your search. Availability is limited. Hot Rate® Hotel are different from retail rates. With Hot Rate® Hotel you enter the date, location and star rating. Hotel revealed only after booking.
Those are just two examples of amazing offers from our partners. For more, visit FamilyVacationCritic.com and check out Expedia, Hotels.com, and our other partners.
Family Vacation Critic allows you to search various sites at once so you can compare the prices and options offered. Prices or promotions on Family Vacation Critic are reflective of what's offered on those sites. When you book tickets, your booking is handled by one of those sites directly, not by Family Vacation Critic. Transactions, and all subsequent customer care, are directly handled by the site where you booked your travels. Family Vacation Critic does not control the price, rules, regulations, or restrictions surrounding the price. Please read all rules and regulations before booking.
Review this Hotel
Editor’s Review of Wilderness Hotel & Resort
Lisa Meyers McClintick
The Wilderness Territory claims to be the largest water park resort in the world. Small wonder. It sprawls across 600 acres multiple water parks, and several resorts within one complex. There are 444 guest rooms, plus condos, villas and cabins with some partly on Lake Delton.
It's often a top choice for travelers to Wisconsin Dells, which claims to be "The Waterpark Capital of the World." Families could spend a week and never visit the same water park twice. Indoor and outdoor water parks spread throughout the property, totaling more than 500,000 square feet. Different themes fuel young imaginations, whether it's the frontier, the Wild West or dinosaurs.
The one that makes this water park resort stand out ... more among others -- especially on cold winter days -- is the sunny, clear-roofed Wild WaterDome. Anchored by a huge wave pool with up to five-foot waves, families can spread out on recliners beneath tropical trees and get a tan.
'Tweens and teens also love the go-carts, arcade, mini golf and zip-line, which is one of the Dells' newer attractions and another feature that makes the Wilderness stand out. For adults, there are outdoor pools, golfing, Field's at the Wilderness Steak House and one of the area's most buzzed-about place for pampering, Sundara Spa. less
- The area's biggest wave pool
- Multiple indoor and outdoor water parks with various themes
- Wide variety of lodging options, including modern condos, reunion-sized vacation homes and lakeside units
- All Inclusive
- Theme Parks
- Water Sports
- Water Parks
- Children's Program
- Game Room
- Kids' Pool
- Laundry Service
- Meal Plan
- Onsite Dining
While there are shuttles to any of the resort's waterparks, it can be a hassle getting around a place this big. It's best to ... Get more Planning and Tips
Rooms & RatesAs a TripAdvisor company, we searched 200+ sites to find the best hotel prices.
Results For: (clear all filters)
Then the resort offers condos and cabins, including Glacier Canyon Lodge, a 460-unit upscale condominium complex is connected by skyway to the main Wilderness Hotel. Units have a living room and full kitchen with one to three bedrooms. There is an ... more outdoor pool area next to the lodge with the zip-line between Glacier Canyon and Wilderness Lodge.
Wilderness on the Lake is one of the few condominium resorts overlooking Lake Delton. The 108 units have two- or three-bedrooms, a four-season glass patio, Jacuzzis and fireplace. Lake units have their own indoor and outdoor water park, beach, boat slips, mini golf and a pontoon taxi that shuttles guests to the main resort.
For a more rustic feel, try Wilderness Cabins, 35 two-story cabins, accommodating up to 20 people located around the Wild Rock Golf Club, or Vacation Villas, 40 log-cabined two-story villas. Finally, Frontier Condominums overlook the Little Links par-3 golf course and has close to 80 condos. less