Williamsburg Woodlands Hotel & Suites Review
339 family reviews
Families will love:
- Outdoor pool
- Colonial Kids Club available
- Miniature golf onsite
About Williamsburg Woodlands Hotel & Suites
The Williamsburg Woodlands, an official Colonial Williamsburg property, is a gem of a find for the family on a budget. The Woodlands shoulders the Visitor Center so isn't as close to the Historic Area as the Williamsburg Inn, Williamsburg Lodge or the Colonial Guesthouses, but no matter. Complimentary shuttles leave the Visitor Center frequently from morning into evening making it a breeze to get from the Woodlands to the colonial past. Along with the free shuttle, many more wonderful freebies illuminate your stay: internet, a hot continental breakfast, a microwave and fridge in the junior suites (a refrigerator can be requested at no extra charge in the standard rooms), a well equipped fitness room, an outdoor pool and ample parking are all free. Feed them a few quarters and the coin operated laundry machines are all yours.
The outdoor play area for the kids is a bit dated, but don't mention it and I bet the kids won't even notice. The 18-hole miniature golf course is the most popular activity at the Woodlands -- clubs go fast. A yesteryear shuffle board game, paddle tennis and tetherball are just waiting to show today's generation how to have a blast without a Wii. Surrounded by pines, the Woodlands has a slightly rustic, 1950's vibe, but don't be fooled, the property was built in 2001 and is sparkling clean with a friendly atmosphere.
Falling into the "so worth it" category: Woodland guests can use the wonderful fitness room and three pools serving the Williamsburg Inn and Williamsburg Lodge for a day rate of just $25 per family.
Williamsburg Woodlands Hotel & Suites Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (4 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...