by Whitney Rife
Just a two-block walk from Waikiki Beach, Aqua Waikiki Pearl has a prime central location. Its rooms and one-bedroom suites are affordable and very spacious and sleep families with more than five people. Some suites have full kitchens and balconies that overlook the city streets. If you have a lengthy stay, take advantage of the hotel’s laundry facilities. Although there is no onsite restaurant, many dining options are in the surrounding neighborhood and a good place to start is the International Marketplace, located across the street. There is a small onsite grocery store available for snacks, too.
Our Editor Loves
- Close to beach
- Rooms with kitchenettes available
- Complimentary Internet
- Family Room 5+
- Onsite Dining
If you’re traveling to Hawaii and want to truly enjoy what the islands have to offer, I highly encourage you to get out of your hotel and to enjoy Waikiki. From the beautiful scenery of Waikiki Beach to all the tasty foods that line the streets of the city, to the activities only a tropical getaway can provide, I say enjoy the warm weather and get outside!
If you’re like me wanting to save money but still desiring to escape to the islands, I highly recommend Pearl Hotel. Everything I wanted to do was very accessible - the beach, shopping, and pick-up to the snorkeling adventure I wanted to go on. My suggestions for an enjoyable stay and gentle-on-the pocket experience:
1. Arrange pickup/drop-off to/from the airport through Robert’s Hawaii (transportation service)
2. Walk a little. 5 more minutes of walking won’t kill you. This hotel is conveniently located ~10 minutes from the beach and guess what, it’s also almost $200 less per night compared to the other hotels in the area. There are plenty of eateries around too!
3. Look for affordable lunch/dinner options. Try the local foods at the markets. I promise they are delicious. Spam musubis have protein and provide energy!!
4. Use the drink voucher(s) that the hotel gives you. Hello - free drinks!!!
5. Take advantage of the beach chair and towel service that the hotel provides as well.
Yes, all of these things come with your hotel!!!
Tips for Realistic Expectations of this Hotel:
1. Amenities fee - they charge a small amenities fee that is not included in your stay (but WORTH it I promise). Mine was something like $60 for my entire stay of two nights here.
2. Lets be real, this is not a luxury hotel. However, It is a CLEAN, affordable option. If you’re looking for coconut-scented bedsheets and an ocean view, ok this is not the place for you. But, if you want to enjoy Hawaii without breaking the bank, this is the one!
3. Check-in is 3:00 p.m., check-out is noon. They will hold your bags before check-in time.
4. The staff are very nice and always available to you. They have a texting service where you can reach them for any of your needs. On that note, thank you especially to Karen and Harry at the front desk for making my stay an enjoyable and professional experience.
Hope this review helps you decide whether Pearl is the place for you. I would go back and I would certainly recommend it to my friends and family.
A street back from the main road in Waikiki. We got the superior suite which was very spacious. Only double beds and the pillows were very hard. Had a microwave and small fridge, which was handy. Great big balcony, but street frontage was very loud at night. Helpful and friendly staff!