by Diana Lambdin Meyer
Featuring just 20 rooms, this boutique hotel on a quiet crescent-shaped bay features an infinity pool and massive porches and verandas from which to enjoy the view. Rooms come with two queens or one king bed. Other than the pool and the beach, there’s nothing much to do here. But it’s all just a few minutes away by car and car rental (available onsite).
Our Editor Loves
- Private verandahs
- In-room babysitting
- Laundry services
The hotel was as advertised and we had a lovely room with a pool and beach view. Staff at hotel very helpful and accommodating.
Word of warning though, the Havana Restaurant attached to the hotel is expensive.Luckily we hired a car as there are not any places nearby to eat and the nearest place is by taxi ride.
We booked Bacolet Bay through Blue Bay Travel. It was described as all inclusive 4 star resort on the Caribbean Sea. Comments:
1. It was not all inclusive. There were only certain meals you could choose from in the only place to eat in the resort. Any other menu items had to be paid for. The only spirits you could have were local rum based. Any others had to be paid for. The only free wine available was from a box.
2. This should not be described as a 4 star hotel. It is at best an unloved 3 star. The 'restaurant' was very disappointing, not just for the food choice. Weeds abound around the property, and rooms are tired. We were given a room change but still not up to 4 star standards.
3. Hotel is not on the Caribbean sea. The beach is lovely but has strong waves and no snorkeling as you would expect from Caribbean side.
4. Dogs bark incessantly from property opposite.
5. We asked to change hotels but neither Blue Bay travel nor hotel were accommodating as far as this request was concerned, so we stayed having been moved to another room.
6. Location is not suitable for infirm or young children as there are many steps to the beach and to rooms and pools.
7. Management are focused on costs rather than customer satisfaction. Little was done to appease us during our stay. We were not the only ones who complained during our stay.
8. We have been to many locations in the Caribbean (mainly Sandals). This was by far the worst experience we have had.
9. On a positive note we enjoyed the island tour organised by the hotel, and the golf organised by the owner at nearby Plantations Golf Course.