by Hilarey Wojtowicz
The Baoase Luxury Resort in Curacao offers families 16 guestrooms, suites and villas. Enjoy king and double beds, kitchenettes, mini-fridges, flat-screen TVs, DVD players, balconies or patios, and free Wi-Fi. Additional resort amenities include a complimentary DVD library, babysitting services (fee), laundry services and nightly turndown service. Guests receive a complimentary breakfast daily with their stay and can enjoy other meals at the onsite restaurant, Baoase Culinary Restaurant and Bar, which is open daily from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Activities at the resort include the beach, water sports, sailing, golf, excursions and spa services. The resort also a pool and a fitness center for guests who want to maintain their exercise routines.
Our Editor Loves
- Babysitting services available
- Villas and suites with balconies
- Complimentary breakfast daily
- Water Sports
- Free Breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
- Onsite Dining
Let’s get this out of the way, first. Baoase is expensive. It is a rarefied experience that is best enjoyed by embracing the cost and celebrating your choice to stay at the best resort this world traveler has ever been to.
1. The resort is crafted with every detail you can imagine. The design and materials are the absolute best and they have a silent army that keep it in peak form. The pictures on the website, as beautiful as they are, do not do it justice. Landscaping is thoroughly thought through to give you a sense of privacy no matter where you are or how many guests are staying here.
2. The rooms are varied in size and options to accommodate any configuration you desire. We stayed in both a villa with private pool and superior beach front suite/villa w private pool. Why both? We booked the private villa because of the privacy. It is absolutely perfect for a family or group of friends. But when we arrived we realized every room is private and the villa was too big for the two of us after one night so we upgraded to the superior beach front suite. Oh my goodness. This is heaven. Stunning view of Caribbean with a private beach and dock to jump in the bay and snorkel or swim day or night. And if you don’t want to do that, get in your own infinity pool or just sit on one of your lounge chairs (on your private beach!!!) and let your mind calm. There is no great way to describe how amazing it truly is. It was so good, we rarely left.
3. Service by this staff cannot be beat. If you want it, just ask and they will do their best. We were shy to ask at first, but after a few days we realized they mean it when they check you in and say, “if you need anything just ask”. I like a Manhattan a specific way and I eventually asked the bartender to make it my way. It was done the way I like it and every one I ordered throughout the week was made that way without ever asking again. High end service can be hit or miss at any luxury resort because the clients expect the best. But not here. Unequivocally the best service. I get a sense that the owners communicate to each employee (from housekeeping to maintenance to guest relations) that each interface is a reflection of the guest experience and no matter the employee’s job they all play an important role in the experience. And it shows as they truly pride themselves on this point and it sets them apart from any Ritz, Mandarin or other luxe brand.
4. The food is absolutely amazing. I’d love to expound on this, but there is no need as it is divine.
5. An anecdote about the hotel and service that sums it all up: I was up early one morning (6:30) and went out to my private beach lounger staring at the Caribbean and listening to the waves. My mind wandered to how exceptional this experience has been and I was trying to come up with a improvement on the experience. I was at a loss, and then I looked down at the sand and it had my footprints on it from the day before. I had a silly thought, “well, I guess the clean
the sand”. And I kid you not, 2 minutes later a man pokes his head around the corner with a smile and says, “excuse me, is it okay if I rake the sand and change the covers on the lounge chairs? I come
every morning at 7 to clean the beach for you.”
While visiting Curacao we spent an amazing beach day at Baoase. After a warm welcome a hostess brought us to a cabana with comfortable sun loungers. View on the private lagoon of Baoase and ocean. The beach day was including a bottle of water, fruit snack and beach bite. The beach menu offered snacks, cocktails and homemade lemonade. Lunch is highly recommended. My friend took the hamburger (built your own burger) and I had the tenderloin. For chocolate lovers I advise to order the chocolate dessert. Active guests can use canoes and snorkeling masks for free. If you are into cocktails you should definitely order the welcome cocktail. We will certainly come back soon.