by Joanna Nesbit
This BEST WESTERN is situated near Interstate 5, but is only a 12-minute drive from downtown Salem. Hotel amenities include complimentary breakfast, a spacious indoor heated pool, hot tub, fitness center, guest laundry, free airport shuttle and free parking. This hotel is a little more basic in terms of room options.
It has 52 rooms, and for families the primary available layout is two queen beds. For larger families, adjoining rooms are available, as are rollaway beds for a nominal fee. Smaller families might do fine with the king room with one king bed. All rooms include a mini-fridge and microwave. Head downtown for the state capitol buildings and Riverfront Carousel at the Riverfront Park. The Enchanted Forest Theme Park is 12 minutes down the freeway, offering amusement park rides and attractions like a Western town, old European village and Storybook Lane. Nearby, Silver Falls State Park offers hiking, biking trails, and 17 waterfalls.
Our Editor Loves
- Complimentary breakfast
- Indoor swimming pool
- Rooms with mini-fridges and microwaves
- Horse Back Riding
- Theme Park
- Water Sports
- Connecting Rooms
- Free Breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
This property looks great, smells great BUT has a serious problem with the walls between the rooms being tissue thin, the floor joists old and creaking and if you get a room with a shared door to the next the doors are thin, not insulated and aren't fire doors. Everyone can HEAR EVERYTHING that goes on in the rooms above and next to each other. Be forewarned. And YET... the beds are comfortable, the rooms are large, the bathroom shower big and good water pressure - lots to like about the room except if anyone else is staying at the property!
by Debbie L
So, this hotel is definitely a Motel that's been refurbished but I have to say that it's the quietest motel ever. It's possible there was no one in the rooms on either side of me but there was someone below us and we never heard them and barely heard anyone outside, cars included. It was so quiet that I double-checked the doors and windows for their thickness. Impressive, for sure.
Another reviewer mentioned a dispensary nearby - it's about a block away and I only saw families at this hotel. Never saw anyone having parties as described.
My Positives for this Place:
- The lack of noise as mentioned above
- Clearly renovated recently - most everything looked pretty new - from the outdoor carpet to the built-in night lights in the bathroom
- Indoor pool and hot tub were both nice and not used by guests much it seemed
- Great walk-in shower, bigger than average
- Internet support service was a bonus - called them for help getting on wifi and problems were all resolved in about 5 min.
- Comfortable beds and big pillows
- TV was large, flat screen and worked fine.
- Heating worked fine and even that was quiet.
- Decent sized room that included a table, 2 chairs and a desk with an above average desk chair.
- Breakfast is pretty standard for Best Western or a Holiday Inn type of stay but after one or two mornings, it's just not great food unless you love fruit loops and sausage links every day.
- No elevator, so those with big luggage or strollers would need to stay on the first level.
- Mini-fridge, microwave and coffee in the room were all nice to have but should probably be the next things to get an upgrade.
- That motel layout doesn't really let you ever look out your window and open your curtains unless you want to wave at people walking by your room. I always forget this so I'd probably not returning for this reason. Too bad, given how quiet it is here. Did I mention it's quiet here? lol