We are passholders who decided to stay at the cabins to relax and just enjoy the resort since we always go to the parks. The cabins are so much fun and it’s amazing to stay here during Halloween season as there are so many that decorate their cabins and campsites. However we were hoping to play some movies to watch from our laptop but the WiFi is super slow. Was unable to get a good connection even after talking to customer service. Not a major setback but it’s unfortunate that Disney can’t provide decent WiFi at their resort. Just something to consider if coming here. Make sure you have any media, especially movies downloaded to your computer or other devices before arriving if you wish to play them here. Otherwise, I would highly suggest staying at the Fort Wilderness cabins. Such a fun experience and we definitely plan on returning.
by Darrin and Cher... A
We stayed in cabin 2803 from the 6th thru 9th of Oct - this is our new favorite go to place at Disney and we've at several of the resorts and have been DVC members in past - I would compare it to a DVC-lite resort
1) Very dog friendly- thank u Disney for allowing pets in the cabins - it's so nice to just be able to step out the door and walk the pups whenever ever they need to go out. DVC was never pet friendly.
2) Ease of unloading/loading "stuff" to your room - no other resort can compare to how easy this is when you can park just steps away from your room
3) The golf cart - yea they are expensive but boy are they worth it. Our teen girls who are 16+ thought this was the best part of the whole place to be able to drive wherever...they even took the pups for rides and visitied the dog park. We never waited long for the buses to the other parks and taking the boat to MK was as effective as the bus (if there was one offered) though it was a good hour or so to get back after park close at night.
4) The cabins are nice in that you don't worry about sharing a wall with other guests..you do have more personal space. We also saw several deer just outside the cabin..very cool. It's really more like going to the mountains and getting a small cabin -has a similar feel with the dark woods used inside - but the only mountains around Disney are in the MK.
1) If this place just had a second bathroom like AofA it would be perfect ..as it is we never ran out of hot water with our group of 2 adults and 3 teen girls.and 1 one teen boy..the bigger issue is how long the girls like to take to put makeup on in front of the one mirror in the bathroom!
2) The takeout counter service was very small and limited in what they served. Best to be skipped and I wouldn't count on it for meals..best to cook at that cabin.
We slept on the "uncomfortable" sofa bed.. it's very similar to what the DVC resorts have for their pull out...it's a firm bed so if you are used to a soft bed I could see it being an issue. Wife has chonic back issues but she perferred it to the soft hotel beds we normally get.
Already planning to return for fall break 2020!