by Amanda Norcross
The Candlewood Suites Columbia-Ft. Jackson is an all-suite hotel that’s perfect for families visiting Columbia, South Carolina and Congaree National Park. Inside each suite, you’ll find a full kitchenette, DVD player, and free Wi-Fi. This hotel offers a fitness center and outdoor pool.
Our Editor Loves
- All-suite hotel
- Full kitchenettes
- Outdoor pool
- Family Room 5+
- Free Wi-Fi
Pro staff was customer friendly with easy check in. Room was spotless and comfortable. Easy access to Resteraunt's and activities.
Con's in room ice maker was loud but can be turned off. Room furniture arrangement had each queen bed side against a wall making it hard to get out of if your spouse was still asleep.
Other than that the room was nice.
by Diane O
I evacuated for a previous hurricane at this hotel a few years ago and it was OK, but this time it had deteriorated drastically and service was incredibly bad. Will never return!
1)My room was NOT clean on arrival - toilet was dirty, no TP - not even the cardboard core, HVAC caused flood on floor, not sure if linens were changed.
2) The toilet overflowed and maintenance man forgot to come back to clean it up.
3) Maintenance men were terrible - one was incompetent, one harassed me about politics out of the blue until I was actually scared.
4) Front desk staff was friendly, polite - but inept.
5) It took 8 hours to get online so I could work.
6) Completed a survey about bad experiences and got a canned, form letter. Wrote to corporate IHG and got no response (despite their claim they'll respond within 7-10 days).
7) Phone didn't work; discovered it wasn't even plugged in.
8) I had to go to the front desk at least 8 times the first day for help.
9) Toilet seats in rooms were only 15" from floor - incredibly low, even in handicapped room where my elderly parents were.
10) Front desk woman wouldn't give me hotel's IT help number until I brought my computer down (of course, she couldn't get it to work either). I'm over 50 and it was clear she thought I was an inept computer user (not true), which was insulting.
11) I asked IHG for compensation for this terrible 5-day stay and got no response.