The Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa takes all-inclusive to a whole new level. Not only are accommodations and meals covered, but spa treatments, water sports, diving trips, and daily excursions are also included. The resort boasts a variety of room options, and families often choose the two-bedroom beachfront villa. The villa sleeps four adults and one child and features a flat screen television, rainfall shower heads, a soaker tub, satellite television channels, and an electric kettle. Five restaurants give families the chance to taste a variety of delicacies from around the world. Kids will enjoy the freshwater pool, kids’ club, and game room.
Our Editor Loves
- Private beach and reef access
- Evening entertainment
- All Inclusive Rates
- Water Sports
- Children Programs
- Family Room 5+
- Free Wi-Fi
- Game Room
- Meal Plan
- Onsite Dining
by Mukesh A
we all loved the place, had a great time with the entertainment and the staff were so friendly. lots of activities and things for us to do , which kept us as busy at our pace.
Rooms were so clean and this was maintained throughout
My wife and 2 boys (10 and 5yrs) had a fantastic 2 weeks at Centara at the start of August.
The location is naturally stunning, we found all the team on resort to be brilliant - all really really welcoming and helpful, the food and drink was plentiful and lovely and our room big and impressive. Would we return? Definitely!
Trying to pick out the areas I had questions on before I left or when I read reviews;
- We weren’t sure whether our sons would get bored and how well they would be catered for. I need not have worried - between the sea, pools, e-zone area, beach, fish feeding, boat trips (and the wifi) they were amused 24/7. Every restaurant also has a great kids menu that covers for burgers to nuggets to steamed fish to pizza.
- They are some reviews about the age of the rooms. We stayed in a beach suite and it was immaculate. Really well maintained, almost as new. The room was massive as well - with young kids we couldn’t have a water villa, but I would probably choose a beach suite again.
- We never had any issues with the mini-bar being re-stocked or team not following up on what they had promised.
- The Spa is amazing - the $ credits you get as part of the all inclusive (depending on length of stay) are well worth spending!
We were also lucky enough to spend 5 days in the “Club” which is the premium area. It’s beautiful and very relaxing, like having your own private villa with its own team. The team there are wonderful - thank you to Senthinal, Jasmine, May and Chef who make sure you are looked after with fantastic food, drink and hospitality.
All other the other restaurants are great as well - the Thai food is lovely and very authentic, the Italian & Seafood restaurant has a stunning setting and great food and service to match - Christine in Azzuri Mare is a real star.
So I guess in short, if you are thinking of booking, do it!