Located in Collingwood’s historic district, the Days Inn & Suites Collingwood is an excellent choice for families seeking out large rooms, family amenities and a convenient location. Travelers staying at this hotel enjoy being within close proximity to Collingwood Harbour, Eddie Bush Memoria Arena, the Collingwood Museum, Theatre Collingwood and much more. There are several room options that can work well for families at this hotel. Deluxe Queen Suites have the ability to comfortably accommodate up to six guests at a time, while King Suites and Queen Rooms can sleep up to four people. Amenities at the hotel include cribs, free Wi-Fi access, an indoor swimming pool and complimentary breakfast.
Our Editor Loves
- Kids under 16 stay free
- Indoor pool
- Located in historic district
- Water Parks
- Water Sports
- Connecting Rooms
- Family Room 5+
- Free Breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
It was nice, clean and close to the Scandinave Spa (6-7 minute drive). I went in November so the cost per night was reasonable (stayed for 2 nights @ $94) in comparison to other hotels.
While the room was clean and the hotel was close to Blue Mountain, here are a few things worth mentioning to future guests:
1. It's in the middle of a lot of stores, restaurants, theatre etc. It's a plus if you want things to do, eat, shop, groceries etc. But if you want a quieter visit, find a hotel closer to Blue Mountain.
2. Breakfast is good but not great: keep in mind that its continental so you're not getting bacon and scrambled eggs. There are items such as waffle maker, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, fruits, breads etc.
3. Exercise room is good but limited: There are three machines to use.
4. Pool and hot tub available: I did not use it but it's there.
5. Business centre: In a room with one computer. The internet is not the fastest and did freeze up depending on what it is you'd like to do.
6. Limited amenities in room: soap, shampoo conditioner and makeup remover so be sure to bring your toiletries!
7. Wifi access is good: No problems with the internet.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay and found the staff to be nice.
My husband and I stayed here on our weekend getaway, which also doubled as my birthday weekend. Check in was a breeze, and Elizabeth was very welcoming. Our room was spacious, and clean. In hindsight, we didn't need two queen beds, but it worked...and the fire place was a nice touch.
The bathroom was nicely stocked, though like all hotels, the bath towels are so small. Loved that they had a makeup remover wipe...was greatly needed.
Room came with a mini fridge and microwave, and also a kitchen sink. Made meal time simple.
Breakfast was included, but it wasn't great. We're not picky eaters, but we did expect better. Options were limited. However, the lady who was working did a fantastic job keeping everything stocked.
There is a small pool and hot tub, and a very small exercise room, however we didn't use any of them. But nice to know it was there. There was also a laundry room.
The hotel was nicely situated beside a Metro, which helped us cut down on food costs. Close by was a Dollar Tree, and Little Caesar's (whichis open til midnight). Across the way was a Galaxy Cinema, and close by was Walmart, Winner's and a few other larger stores and restaurants.
The hotel is a quick scenic drive from Blue Mountains Village and the Scenic Caves, and made for an affordable and enjoyable alternative to staying in Blue Mountain. We would certainly stay again.