NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. The Family Vacation Critic Sweepstakes (‘Promotion’) is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of The Independent Traveler, Inc. and each of their respective related companies, agencies or affiliates, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsors. The Independent Traveler, Inc., 7 Tree Farm Road, Suite 202, Pennington, NJ 08534; Carnival Cruise Lines, 3655 NW 87th Avenue, Miami, FL 33718; Stormy Kromer Mercantile, USA, 1238 Wall Street, Ironwood, MI 49938; Hersheypark, 27 W. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, PA 17033; Zylie & Friends, 34 W. 27th Street, New York, NY 10001; INNEX, Inc., 325 Enterprise Place, Pomona, CA 91768; Grand Palladium Vallarta, C/Carretera Punta de Mita Km 11.5, Punta de Mita 63734, Mexico; Bubble Bum USA LLC, 7830 Sand Lake Road, Suite 500, Orlando, FL 32819; Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, 3900 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451; The Independent Traveler Inc., 7 Tree Farm Road, Pennington, NJ 08534; Hilton Orlando, 6001 Destination Parkway, Orlando, FL 32819; Mattel, Inc., 333 Continental Boulevard, El Segundo, CA 90245; Atlantis, 1 Casino Drive, Paradise Island, Bahamas (‘Sponsors’).
3. Agreement to Official Rules. Participation in the Promotion constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein, and in a timely manner.
4. Entry Period. The Promotion begins on Dec. 1, 2013, at 12:01 a.m., and ends on December 12, 2013, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (the “Entry Period”). Entries received before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
5. Entry. Enter daily for a chance to win by entering a valid email address. Entries are accepted daily but only one prize per person will be awarded. Winners will be notified via the email address associated with their Family Vacation Critic member name, and will be asked for their mailing address for prize shipping. Winners will also be automatically signed up to receive Family Vacation Critic e-Letters, but can opt out of receiving them.
6. Selection of Winners. Each day (Dec. 1 through Dec. 12), one winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Winners cannot have won a prize from Sponsor within 30 days prior to this contest. Potential winner will be notified by email. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within 8 hours of the first attempt to contact him/her, or does not wish to accept the prize, Sponsors will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place from among all remaining eligible entries.
7. Requirements of Potential Winner. Except where prohibited, the potential Winners must complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within ten (10) days of being notified. If the potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, if the notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or if Sponsors determine in their sole discretion that the potential winner is ineligible, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place. Winner may be required to provide a social security number for tax reporting purposes. Travel companions must sign and return a liability/publicity release prior to travel. If the travel companion(s) are minors, the winner must be his/her parent or legal guardian. Winners agree not to publicly disclose that they are the Winners until authorized to do so by Sponsors. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsors to use winner’s name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), and biographical information for advertising and publicity purposes, worldwide, without further compensation.
8. Prizes: One (1) entrant will win one of 12 prizes each day: 1.
Carnival Cruise Lines Seven-Night (7), Eight-Day (8) Cruise for Four (4), Flexible Port of Departure (Approximate Value: $2,500); 2. Two (2) Stormy Kromer Carryall Totes (Approximate Value: $120 Per Bag); 3. One-Night (1), Two-Day (2) Stay at Hershey Lodge, Eight (8) Passes to Hersheypark (four per day) and Four (4) Passes to Hershey’s Great Chocolate Factory Mystery in 4D at Hershey’s Chocolate World (Approximate Value: $880); 4. Zylie & Friends Adventure Kit (Approximate Value: $50); 5. Innex G-PaK (Approximate Value: $25); 6. All-Inclusive Three-Night (3), Four-Day (4) Stay for Four (4) Guests in Two Rooms (First with King Bed and Second with Two Double Beds) at Grand Palladium Bavaro (Approximate Value: $3,400); 7. One (1) Bubble-Bum Blow-Up Travel Booster Seat (Approximate Value: $40); 8. Two-Night (2) Stay for Four at Holiday Inn North Beach and Complimentary Breakfast for Four (4) on Both Mornings of Stay (Approximate Value: $300-$750); 9. One (1) Family Vacation Critic Travel Kit (Approximate Value: $10); 10. Two-Night (2) Stay for Four (4) at Hilton Orlando, Taxes and Gratuities Included (Approximate Value: Less Than $1,000); 11. Eight (8) Mattel Games – Holiday UNO; Holiday Skip Bo; Go, Piggie, Go; Apples to Apples Trendy Snack Pack; Magic 8 Ball; Pictionary Card Game; Mad Gab Card Game; Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Dice Game (Approximate Value: $58); 12. Two-Night (2), Three-Day (3) Stay at Atlantis and Four (4) Interactions at Dolphin Cay (Approximate Value: $2,000)
Prizes do not include airfare or ground transportation. Prizes also do not include federal, state or local taxes, or any other cost or fee associated with prize receipt or use not expressly stated herein. Winner and travel companions must travel on same itinerary and are responsible for all necessary travel documents, including, but not limited to, passports and visas. Accommodations may be subject to availability. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9. General Conditions. In the event that the operation, security or administration of the Promotion is impaired in any way for any reason, Sponsors may, in their sole discretion, suspend, modify and/or cancel the Promotion. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, the entrant’s sole remedy shall be another entry into the Promotion. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
10. Release and Limitation of Liability. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, their respective parent and related companies, and each such company’s respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (b) technical or printing errors; (c) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or undeliverable mail or email; (d) errors in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Promotion, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees.
11. Disputes. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Massachusetts. All issues and questions concerning these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or Sponsors’ rights and obligations shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
13. Winners List. Winners will be announced on FamilyVacationCritic.com once prizes are accepted by the random winners.
Our team of parents and travel experts chooses each product and service we recommend. Anything you purchase through links on our site may earn us a commission.