Consumer Reports released its 2015 list of best sunscreens after analyzing 34 different products. Only 15 of those reviewed were recommended for best sun protection.
The review of sunscreens analyzed sun protection factor (SPF) numbers and how well products measured against ultraviolet A (UVA) and B (UVB) rays. The best sunscreen, according to the report, is La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Melt-in Sunscreen Milk. The sunscreen has a 60 SPF and is the only product tested that earned a 100 percent score. The best product developed specifically for children is Coppertone Water Babies, which has a 50 SPF.
The other top sunscreens that performed best against both UVA and UVB are:
– Vichy Capital Soleil 50 Lightweight Foaming Lotion, SPF 50
– Equate Ultra Protection, SPF 50
– No-Ad Sport, SPF 50
– Ocean Potion Protect & Nourish, SPF 30
– Aveeno Protect+Hydrate, SPF 30
– Up & Up Ultra Sheer, SPF 30
– Banana Boat SunComfort Continuous Spray, SPF 50+
– L’Oreal Quick Dry Sheer Finish (spray) 50+
– Coppertone Sport High Performance AccuSpray, SPF 30
– Equate Sport Continuous Spray, SPF 30
– Coppertone UltraGuard, SPF 70+
– Neutrogena Beach Defense Water + Sun Protection, SPF 70
– Caribbean Breeze Continuous Tropical Mist (spray), SPF 70
Our team of parents and travel experts chooses each product and service we recommend. Anything you purchase through links on our site may earn us a commission.