by Lisa Milbrand
This lux hotel was the backdrop for the Oscar-winning movie, “Lost in Translation”â€”and still wows guests with impeccable service, spacious rooms, and stellar hotel views.
The hotel staff goes out of its way to make families feel welcome, offering toys and treats for little ones. The hotel is a bit far from the metro, but a free shuttle to the Shinjuku train hub and a playground right across the street from the hotel make up for its slightly out-of-the-way locale.
Our Editor Loves
- Luxury hotel with top-notch service
- Amazing pool on the top floor
- "Lost in Translation" tie-in
by Sandy H
The Park Hyatt hotel in Tokyo is an outstanding property in a wonderful location. The staff was exceptional and the restaurant on the 52nd floor was spectacular with very good food
I highly recommend this hotel
I have been staying at PH Tokyo for nearly two decades. It was one of my favourite hotels for its timeless design and impeccable service despite its inconvenient location.
Unfortunately my last stay from November 8th to 10th was more than disappointing.
- the concierge confirmed our lunch reservation one day ahead the expected date despite a high number reminders over a month,
- we had to wait for more than half an hour before being able to order our breakfasts during the first morning. Then we had to repeat our orders several times before receiving our F&B accurately.
As a Hyattjunkie for 2 decades, I regret such a downgrade of this hospitality landmark.