by Courtney Elko
This all-inclusive, luxury resort overlooks a private beach near Fort Barrington. Families will love the beach, pools, beach volleyball, cooking and dance classes, snorkeling and kayaking and the kids club for ages 4 to 12. At night, families can enjoy shows at the open-air theater and the onsite restaurants give families plenty of options. The guestrooms and suites, which can accommodate up to four people. feature unlimited Wi-Fi for all devices, a stocked mini-bar, 24-hour room service and a balcony or terrace.
Our Editor Loves
- Private beach
- Kids club
- Non-motorized water sports
- All Inclusive Rates
- Water Sports
- Children Programs
- Free Wi-Fi
- Onsite Dining
This hotel has so much potential and is letting itself down with basic sloppy service. We arrived after a long day of travel and waited the best part of 3 hours to be told they’ve run out of food in the seafood restaurant. They even took the order and then served nothing. It’s time the GM of this place got a grip and actually delivered the service people expect. People are paying a lot of hard earned money to come here and can easily play safe and stick with Mexico. Focus on the basics and the rest will come, like ensuring the kitchen and bars are well stocked for a start and be 100% honest with your guests.
This is nowhere near a 5* resort, the levels of service & other factors mean it’s closer to a 3*.
- The beach is very impressive
- Staff are friendly
- Scoops is great
- Room has been decorated to a high standard & has been cleaned daily to a good standard.
- Service is painfully slow which is becoming more frustrating as the holiday continues! Last night we ordered drinks at Score, waitress then disappeared for 20 mins so decided to go to bar myself only to find the bar staff chatting amongst themselves (waited another 5 mins at the bar to be served despite it being empty!)
- Pool bar running out of drinks
- Long wait for dinner at restaurants (1 hour+ to be seated followed by another hour for food to be served)
- Pushed into attending a pushy timeshare sales pitch on day 2 despite saying we had no interest in it
- Different staff telling us different things. We’d like to play tennis in the morning, was told by the front desk to go to entrance of resort for equipment only to be told we can’t play until 9am as that’s when the teen club opens where we have to sign our equipment...
- No robes in room on arrival, was told by concierge they’d be with us. Several days later - still no robes.
- Mini-bar is just 2 beers & a couple or soft drinks. No snacks available in room.
- Not many activities other than an old pool table & air hockey table.
Currently sat typing this after being told the Italian restaurant is closed tonight, was told to go to Caribbean restaurant where we’d be served a drink while we wait... it’s been 20 mins and counting & no-one is around to take a drink order. Basic management and customer service is lacking here - Really disappointed that we’ve chosen this resort considering the money spent for a “5 star”