With summer right around the corner, now’s the perfect time to stock up on a new pair of sunglasses. However, finding the best pair for your face shape can be tricky, especially if you’re shopping online.
While there are hundreds of great options out there, keep scrolling for a few of our top picks for the best sunglasses for every face shape.
1. For Round-Shaped Faces: Diff Women’s Bella Polarized Sunglasses
If you have a round face, opt for a pair of square- or rectangular-shaped shades. The frame’s wide shape creates the illusion of a longer, slimmer face. This polarized pair from Bella — which comes in two tortoise-shell varieties — clocks in at under $100 and makes for a great everyday option. Available at Nordstrom now.
2. For Square-Shaped Faces: Ray-Ban Unisex RB3447N Metal Round Sunglasses
Complement your square-shaped face with a pair of round-shaped shades, such as these unisex ones from Ray-Ban. The sleek, retro-inspired frames — complete with a slightly curved metal brow bar — help soften angled features (think: square foreheads, defined jawlines, etc.) thanks to their distinct circular shape. Snag them on Amazon today.
3. For Oval-Shaped Faces: Oakley Men’s Savitar Geometric Sunglasses
Oval faces have naturally symmetrical features, which means the options are (essentially) limitless when it comes to picking a pair of face-flattering shades. Consider scoring a pair of these Oakley Men’s Savitar Geometric Sunglasses at Nordstrom. Plus, they’re just as fun as they are functional with polarized lenses and durable titanium material.
4. For Diamond-Shaped Faces: Prada Women’s Gradient Cat Eye Sunglasses
Individuals with diamond-shaped faces have naturally contoured cheekbones. A pair of cat-eye-shaped shades will draw eyes directly to your defined cheekbones thanks to their delicate, curved design. These Prada ones, which feature a slightly oversized shape and neutral tortoise shell hue, are a great option — especially if you’re looking to splurge. Buy them at Nordstrom here.
5. For Triangle-Shaped Faces: Le Specs Unisex Bad Medicine Alt Fit Sunglasses
Balance your triangular face — which is narrowest on top and widest at the bottom — with a D-shaped frame to create the appearance of a longer forehead. These slightly tapered frames are wider on top and narrower at the bottom: resembling the fourth letter of the alphabet when turned sideways (hence its name). Le Spec’s Unisex Bad Medicine Alt Fit Sunglasses, available at Zappos, offer a structured silhouette, polarized lenses, and whimsical pop of color.
6. For Heart-Shaped Faces: Maui Jim Men’s Seacliff Polarized Aviator Sunglasses: Maui Jim Men’s Seacliff 61mm Polarized Aviator Sunglasses
People with heart-shaped faces tend to have high cheekbones and a pointed chin. Aviator frames — which are typically wider at the top and slimmer towards the bottom — are ideal for heart-shaped faces. Maui Jim’s Men’s Seacliff Polarized Aviator Sunglasses offer scratch-resistant lenses and comes in three colors. Buy them now at Nordstrom.
You Might Also Like:• 9 Companies That Will Replace Your Kids’ Stuff for Free
• 9 Halloween Pajamas for Kids (and the Rest of the Family, too!)
• The 12 Best Subscription Boxes for Kids
• 8 Lunch Boxes and Lunch Bags That Are Perfect for Back to School
• Best Face Masks for Kids and Toddlers
Our team of parents and travel experts chooses each product and service we recommend. Anything you purchase through links on our site may earn us a commission.