Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center Review
363 family reviews
Families will love:
- Potomac River setting
- Summer and winter festivals
- Indoor play area with splash fun
About Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
There's no doubt about it, a visit to the Washington, D.C. area offers an experience that's truly monumental. For a family escape close to Washington, D.C., the Gaylord National Resort & Conference Center, located in National Harbor, Maryland, is a full-service hotel that is also the only waterfront resort in the Washington, D.C. area. I recently visited Gaylord National with my family and thoroughly enjoyed the property's family amenities, which were within a short distance to the history and sites of Washington, D.C, Mount Vernon and Alexandria Virginia.
As the focal point of National Harbor, Gaylord National Resort is a popular destination in the Mid-Atlantic market. Family-friendly dining, entertainment, a junior-Olympic-sized indoor swimming pool, shopping, outdoor fun along the riverfront and spectacular family special events are just part of the reason to plan a visit. And, within minutes, the museums, monuments and other exciting attractions -- many of which are free -- are also part of the fun. The setting on the Potomac River seems a world away from the urban hustle and bustle, but area attractions are within a short distance: 10 minutes to Old Town Alexandria, Va.; 15 minutes to the National Mall, U.S. Capitol and the Smithsonian; 15 minutes Mount Vernon; and 20 minutes to Georgetown.
The resort takes advantage of its waterfront location by offering water taxi service to popular nearby destinations (Mount Vernon, Old Town Alexandria, Georgetown) as well as scenic cruise tours of the Potomac River -- all from the resort's private pier.
An added convenience is the Resort's connection to the attractions in the region with shuttle services running continuously to Old Town Alexandria (King Street Metro station), Washington, D.C, (Old Post Office and Union Station) and the area's three major airports.
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (8 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips All About the Extras Sail & Sign Card Carnival ships feature Sail & Sign cards, which make life so much easier. All you do is link a debit card or credit card to your Sail & Sign Card at Guest Relations or a kiosk on the ship. You'll then use your Sai...
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips During the cruise, I quickly learned that cruise food is every bit as big of a deal as the cruise itself. And when it comes to dining, the Carnival Miracle does not disappoint. Bacchus Restaurant Thousands of purple, bubble-like lights embellish Bacc...
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips One of four Spirit class ships, Carnival Miracle made its magical debut in 2004. While it's certainly not Carnival's grandest ship, it's definitely something of a "miracle" for families, who find an ample amount of amenities and activities on board. Amid ...
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- When it comes to Disney, they certainly know how to cater to families, and families who want to visit Disney's Orlando theme parks will find a large selection of resorts and hotels to accommodate families of all sizes. But which ones are the best? Take a look at these 10 favorites of our editors and...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...