Great Wolf Lodge Poconos Review
1248 family reviews
Families will love:
- One word: Waterpalooza
- MagiQuest game a big with kids
- Theme rooms for kids
About Great Wolf Lodge Poconos
If you have kids, chances are you've heard of Great Wolf Lodge. With 11 locations throughout the United States, it's the largest family of indoor water park resorts. The Poconos location opened in 2005, and is a sprawling, four-story, 401-room den of family entertainment. About a two hour drive from both New York and Philadelphia, this popular resort is packed year-round. The faux log-siding, entrance carved with bears, wolves and other animals, and giant clock tower in the entrance lobby will be a big hit with kids. Even though it's staged; they really do manage to create the feeling of being in a genuine, old-fashioned lodge. It doesn't hurt that this is the Poconos.
Great Wolf Lodge is all about the kids. Most of the fun centers around the water parks; so if you or your kids aren't keen on getting wet, and staying wet for long periods of time, this is not the place for you. But for the rest of us, welcome to waterpalooza! With a 78,000-square-foot indoor water park open all year, and a giant outdoor pool area open in summer, there's water, water, and more water: 500,000 filtered gallons a day, to be exact, PH-tested every hour by hand. Given the sheer volume of wet feet traipsing through the place, it was remarkably clean during our summer stay, inside and out. Carpeting throughout the inside of the resort is forgivingly dark, as is the lighting; but even so, this place is well-maintained -- not immaculate -- but well-maintained. Wisely, both the indoor and outdoor parks are accessible only through the hotel (not from outside), so feet stay pretty clean.
Find more Great Wolf Lodges by reading about Great Wolf Resorts.
Great Wolf Lodge Poconos Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (4 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...