Great Wolf Lodge Wisconsin Dells Review
604 family reviews
Families will love:
- Indoor and outdoor water parks
- Five onsite restaurants
- Magic Quest
About Great Wolf Lodge Wisconsin Dells
My family has visited a number of resorts in the Wisconsin Dells and we believe this is the Dells' best large resort for toddlers and preschoolers. Older kids will find plenty to enjoy -- especially with the sprawling water park and bling-y arcade -- but it's the younger ones who will be most excited by the atmosphere and activities. They love the evening programs in front of the giant lobby clock, the woodsy decor, seasonal fun, ice-cream-themed kids' spa, and the many ways they cater to children.
It's a formula that obviously works since this resort sparked the Great Wolf Lodge chain that now includes a dozen family-focused resorts across the country.
Highlights include an 80,000-square-foot indoor water park with funnel slide, wave pool and tube slides; an animated song and story hour each night in the lobby; Magic Quest, an interactive game with computerized wands to activate wizards, fairies and dragons.; bubblegum-scented shower gel in each room and an ice-cream-themed spa experience for kids (plus a grown-up one for parents); family suites with wolf-dens, a room within a room that has woodsy-themed bunk beds and TVs; playful decor with lights and objects that can activated by Wizard Quest wands; seasonal programming and crafts; and kid-friendly dining. What else can any family ask for?
While this resort is big with 436 rooms, it's less overwhelming than the Dells' largest resorts. It's manageable and easy to navigate. The resort also excels at seasonal decor -- especially when it comes to kids whose eyes still sparkle at the mention of Santa. The entire lobby becomes a Christmas village in December complete with snow.
Bottom line: Great Wolf is a kickback, easy getaway any time of year for burrowing and enjoying your cubs -- especially in winter when cabin fever hits.
Find more Great Wolf Lodges by reading about Great Wolf Resorts.
Great Wolf Lodge Wisconsin Dells Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (8 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips All About the Extras Sail & Sign Card Carnival ships feature Sail & Sign cards, which make life so much easier. All you do is link a debit card or credit card to your Sail & Sign Card at Guest Relations or a kiosk on the ship. You'll then use your Sai...
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips During the cruise, I quickly learned that cruise food is every bit as big of a deal as the cruise itself. And when it comes to dining, the Carnival Miracle does not disappoint. Bacchus Restaurant Thousands of purple, bubble-like lights embellish Bacc...
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips One of four Spirit class ships, Carnival Miracle made its magical debut in 2004. While it's certainly not Carnival's grandest ship, it's definitely something of a "miracle" for families, who find an ample amount of amenities and activities on board. Amid ...
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- When it comes to Disney, they certainly know how to cater to families, and families who want to visit Disney's Orlando theme parks will find a large selection of resorts and hotels to accommodate families of all sizes. But which ones are the best? Take a look at these 10 favorites of our editors and...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...