Off Family Hotels! Read more
Hotel Deals: Save as Much as 60% Off Family Hotels!
Search our partners for great deals and savings up to 60% off. Searching FamilyVacationCritic.com, we found the following deals as advertised by our partners:
- Priceline.com offers savings of up to 60% through their "Name Your Own Price" program. Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system is different from most other online travel sites. With Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system, the exact hotel booked is shown only after purchase. Over the last year, a substantial percentage of accepted offers have yielded savings of up to 60% in comparison to the lowest published rates for the same itinerary on other leading online travel sites. There is no guarantee that hotels, dates, or prices will be available, and savings are not guaranteed. Actual prices and availability are subject to change.
- Our partner, Hotwire offers rates of up to 60% off based on actual Hotwire Hot Rate® Hotel bookings made in the previous 12 months as compared with the lowest published rates found on leading retail travel sites. Prices are dynamic and vary based on booking date and length of stay. There is no guarantee these savings or rates will be in effect at the time of your search. Availability is limited. Hot Rate® Hotel are different from retail rates. With Hot Rate® Hotel you enter the date, location and star rating. Hotel revealed only after booking.
Those are just two examples of amazing offers from our partners. For more, visit FamilyVacationCritic.com and check out Expedia, Hotels.com, and our other partners.
Family Vacation Critic allows you to search various sites at once so you can compare the prices and options offered. Prices or promotions on Family Vacation Critic are reflective of what's offered on those sites. When you book tickets, your booking is handled by one of those sites directly, not by Family Vacation Critic. Transactions, and all subsequent customer care, are directly handled by the site where you booked your travels. Family Vacation Critic does not control the price, rules, regulations, or restrictions surrounding the price. Please read all rules and regulations before booking.
Review this Hotel
Editor’s Review of The James Chicago
Autograph hounds waited patiently outside The James Chicago, having heard that the band Maroon 5 was staying at the hotel before their concert that evening. When the band made their way outside, the paparazzi clicked their photos and the excited fans got to meet their musical idols. Meanwhile inside the stylish hotel, voted one of the world's top lodgings by Travel & Leisure since its debut in 2006, families planned their day with the concierge. It doesn't matter who you are, the James serves as the perfect welcome mat for the city of Chicago.
The James is ideally situated in the heart of downtown, on the corner of Orlando and Rush Street, steps away from the shopping on Michigan Avenue and within easy walking distance to ... more Millennium Park, the Art Institute of Chicago, and many other popular sites. That is, if you can tear your kids away from the comfy confines of your room. The hotel features 26 lofts, where families can watch movies on the wall of a so-called media room. Then there's the collaboration with designer Paul Frank, who provides young guests with pajamas, along with milk and cookies at turn down. And Paul Frank-designed bikes are at your disposal to pedal along the nearby Lake Michigan waterfront. There are even Paul Frank-designed car seats for families who rent cars.
Additional amenities for children include a well-stocked children's book and DVD collection and a children's menu served at the hotel's restaurant, David Burke's Primehouse. Mom and dad will appreciate the state-of-the-art fitness equipment and three treatment rooms of the gym and spa located in the lower level of the hotel. The James Chicago really does cater to all.
- Easy walking distance to Millennium
- Room lofts featuring movies projected onto the walls
- Paul Frank pajamas, bikes and car seats for kids
- DVD Player
- Family Room 5+
- Free Wi-Fi
- Kids'/Theme Meals
- Laundry Service
- Onsite Dining
Sneak away for a cocktail, just to the left of the lobby at JBar, one of the more fashionable places to drink in the city. ... Get more Planning and Tips
Rooms & RatesAs a TripAdvisor company, we searched 200+ sites to find the best hotel prices.
Results For: (clear all filters)
The intriguing layout includes a queen-sized bed that sits behind a steel mesh screen for privacy. The kids slept in a platform bed in the "media room," where DVDs can be projected onto a large wall to create your own private movie screen. Between the two beds there's a sitting area with a dining room table and an iPod dock with speakers.
Other amenities include a plasma-screen television, coffeemaker with Starbucks coffee, complimentary Wi-Fi and daily newspaper delivery. The ... more spacious bathroom features two sinks, a shower, a separate tub, and Kiehl's shampoo and conditioner. less