The James Chicago Review
256 family reviews
Families will love:
- Easy walking distance to Millennium
- Room lofts featuring movies projected onto the walls
- Paul Frank pajamas, bikes and car seats for kids
About The James Chicago
Autograph hounds waited patiently outside The James Chicago, having heard that the band Maroon 5 was staying at the hotel before their concert that evening. When the band made their way outside, the paparazzi clicked their photos and the excited fans got to meet their musical idols. Meanwhile inside the stylish hotel, voted one of the world's top lodgings by Travel & Leisure since its debut in 2006, families planned their day with the concierge. It doesn't matter who you are, the James serves as the perfect welcome mat for the city of Chicago.
The James is ideally situated in the heart of downtown, on the corner of Orlando and Rush Street, steps away from the shopping on Michigan Avenue and within easy walking distance to Millennium Park, the Art Institute of Chicago, and many other popular sites. That is, if you can tear your kids away from the comfy confines of your room. The hotel features 26 lofts, where families can watch movies on the wall of a so-called media room. Then there's the collaboration with designer Paul Frank, who provides young guests with pajamas, along with milk and cookies at turn down. And Paul Frank-designed bikes are at your disposal to pedal along the nearby Lake Michigan waterfront. There are even Paul Frank-designed car seats for families who rent cars.
Additional amenities for children include a well-stocked children's book and DVD collection and a children's menu served at the hotel's restaurant, David Burke's Primehouse. Mom and dad will appreciate the state-of-the-art fitness equipment and three treatment rooms of the gym and spa located in the lower level of the hotel. The James Chicago really does cater to all.
The James Chicago Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (4 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...