Sea Crest Beach Hotel Review
210 family reviews
Families will love:
- One of few Cape Cod hotels located directly on a beach
- Daily activities and family programs
- Indoor & outdoor heated pools for year-round visits
About Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Old Silver Beach, home of the Sea Crest Beach Hotel, has a history that extends back to 1929, when a summer theater first operated on the property. Henry Fonda and Jimmy Stewart were two notable names that performed on these shores in a time when the theater was a summer hotspot worthy of Broadway fanfare. After being destroyed by a fire in 1936, the property was transformed into a popular hotel and dinner theater by Lou Walters, father of famous American journalist and writer Barbara Walters. During World War II, the hotel was converted into housing for the neighboring Camp Edwards military base, but became a summer hotel again after the war.
The Sea Crest Beach Hotel began its operations as a family vacation destination in 1962, when Boston Celtic president "Red" Auerbach and friends purchased the property. They converted it into a year-round resort in 1971. Recently, the hotel received a full renovation to the tune of more than $15 million! Today, the 263-room resort is a secluded and still-family-friendly destination on West Falmouth's Buzzards Bay. Two saline pools, one indoor and one outdoor, lead the path to Old Silver Beach, where rows of orange-and-white striped umbrellas and white chairs face toward the setting sun. Onsite dining, seasonal activities for kids and nautically themed rooms serve as the ultimate in family vacation relaxation.
Sea Crest Beach Hotel Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (6 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips All About the Extras Sail & Sign Card Carnival ships feature Sail & Sign cards, which make life so much easier. All you do is link a debit card or credit card to your Sail & Sign Card at Guest Relations or a kiosk on the ship. You'll then use your Sai...
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips One of four Spirit class ships, Carnival Miracle made its magical debut in 2004. While it's certainly not Carnival's grandest ship, it's definitely something of a "miracle" for families, who find an ample amount of amenities and activities on board. Amid ...
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...