Wequassett Resort and Golf Club Review
140 family reviews
Families will love:
- Great mid-Cape location
- Kid-friendly lessons including tennis, swimming and sailing
- Budget-friendly minibar
About Wequassett Resort and Golf Club
The Wampanoag Indians first discovered this hillside property on Cape Cod's Pleasant Bay over 400 years ago. They pitched wigwams, chipped arrowheads, swam in the bay's clear waters and named the place Wequassett, which means "crescent on the water" most likely because of the crescent-shaped sandy curves around the coves.
Wequassett didn't officially begin taking "summer boarders" until 1925. The resort's current owners purchased the property in 1977 and have been expanding and upgrading it to the luxury resort that it has become ever since. Wequassett is Cape Cod's only member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a prestigious brand that represents more than 100 independently owned luxury hotels and resorts worldwide.
The 27-acre property located on the "elbow" of Cape Cod is lovely in an understated, casually elegant sort of way, much like Cape Cod itself. The 120 rooms and suites are located in clusters of clapboard cottages that take their names from nature in New England (Daffodil, Hydrangea, Cranberry and Azalea). Each cottage has its own patios and balconies that overlook the bay and the immaculately manicured gardens. One could picture a young Kennedy family hanging out on their boats, dressed in polo shirts, and taking a break to toss the football on the small Kelly-green lawns. In fact, our boys enjoyed doing just that, a simple morning spent tossing a ball on the lawn overlooking the harbor (albeit not in polo shirts) while my husband and I sipped coffee and read the morning paper on our stone patio. Wequassett makes for an elegantly old-fashioned vacation.
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (4 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...