The East Hampton Historical Society manages six historical museums and properties: Mulford Farm, Osborn-Jackson House, Clinton Academy, East Hampton Town Marine Museum, Town House and Hook Schoolhouse.
Osborn-Jackson House, Clinton Academy, Hook School House, Town House
Four of the properties are located on Main Street in East Hampton and are within walking distance of one another. Check out the Osborn-Jackson House for a tour of the three rooms which were all built in 1720. Then see Cinton Academy and Hook Schoolhouse, both of which date back to 1784 and were once schools for children. Then visit Town House, which was built in 1785, and was used as a government meeting house.
Osborn-Jackson House is open year-round, Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Town House, Clinton Academy and Hook Schoolhouse are open Memorial Day through Columbus Day on weekends, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, and noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday. Admission is free, but donations are encouraged.
Mulford Farm is located at 10 James Lane in East Hampton and dates back to 1680. It is on the National Register of Historic Places and is considered one of America’s most significant, intact English colonial farmsteads.
It is open Memorial Day to Columbus Day on weekends only, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, and from noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday. Admission is $4 for adults and $2 for students and children.
East Hampton Town Marine Museum
East Hampton Town Marine Museum is located at 301 Bluff Road in Amagansett. The museum tells the history of the sailing and whaling community in the Hamptons.
It is open late April through late October on weekends only, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, and from noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday. Admission is $4 for adults and $2 for students and children.