Travelers who are seeking out a peaceful place to retreat to that offers them spacious rooms and direct access to an abundance of outdoor recreational activities will love staying at the Calabogie Highlands Golf Resort. Families will appreciate the ability to reserve the One-Bedroom Suite that is capable of accommodating up to four guests at a time. The One-Bedroom Suite features a full kitchen so that guests can prepare their own meals. Larger families can reserve the Two-Bedroom Suite that is capable of accommodating up to six guests. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi access to all of its guests. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are available at the resort’s onsite restaurant. Area attractions that are located within driving distance include the Calabogie Motorsports Park, Calabogie Peaks and the Ironwoods Golf Course.
Our Editor Loves
- Spacious suites
- Quiet location
- Easy access to outdoor recreation
- Water Sports
- Family Room 5+
- Free Wi-Fi
- Onsite Dining
We were really looking forward to staying here on a recent trip to Ontario. We booked this place as a stopover from Barrie to Mont Tremblant via Algonquin Provincial park. At check in we were advised the restaurant had a very limited menu as it was end of season and they recommended we drive back into town to eat (no idea why they couldn't have emailed and let us know before our trip). We ignored the restaurant advice as we had spent all day in the car and had a great night in the restaurant and Sandra is an excellent host. The rooms are very large, well appointed and have great views over the lake. Be warned the water is sourced from their own spring and their is an awful smell of sulphur, and we found over powering, and as result it is highly unlikely we will stay here again. At checkout we had to wait 30 minutes for someone to arrive so we could settle our bill which put our schedule behind.
by Stephane D
- Restaurant staff claimed to our entire breakfast crew that the cream was curdling in our coffee for two days because of the hard water – total BS
- Bathrooms were f-i-l-t-h-y and not cleaned before restaurant opening hours – 2 days in a row. I brought it to their attention and the staff said, it’s not my job – nice
- They ran out of coffee both mornings we were there at breakfast.
BUILDINGS ARE TIRED!
- Stain on siding is way overdue everywhere
- Roof shingles are curling
- Eaves, drainage bad when raining
- Spout in our bath was about to fall off
- Bath fixtures all loose
- Cleaning staff did a good job
- Inside was nice (other than bath plumbing)