Families seeking out a resort experience will enjoy the spaciousness of the rooms and the number of amenities available at the Calabogie Peaks Hotel. Families will be most interested in staying in one of the hotel’s Double Queen Rooms. These rooms can easily accommodate families of up to four people. Family-friendly amenities at the hotel include free Wi-Fi access, in-room DVD players, an indoor swimming pool and a playground. There are four restaurants located on the property. Attractions that are in close proximity to the hotel include Calabogie Peaks and Ironwoods Golf Course. Bonnechere Caves, Calabogie Motorsports Park and the Swinging Bridge are just a short driving distance away.
Our Editor Loves
- Large rooms with views
- Indoor swimming pool
- Onsite playground
- Water Sports
- Free Wi-Fi
- Onsite Dining
by Scott G
Book this place with the intent of a romantic fall getaway and to celebrate my birthday. What a mistake! Absolutely not worth the money they are charging.
The property is a construction zone. Our room wasn't really finished yet:
1) No heat (in October!). When we complained the next morning we were told the resort hadn't switched over to heating season yet and lent us a small heater they had under the reception desk
2) No window coverings except for poorly installed ones in the bedroom that didn't provide much privacy
3) Microwave not installed (sitting in a corner that didn't have an electrical socket)
4) Circuit breaker was blown the first night so half the lights and outlets didn't work
5) Houseflies everywhere. We ended up going to town to buy our own fly traps since the hotel didn't do anything when we complained
6) No decorating of any kind - just bare white walls and mismatched furniture.
Most unfortunately for us the construction started again promptly at 8am Monday right outside our unit. Nothing like waking up to the sound of a nail gun to cap off a miserable weekend!
The best part about the stay was the breakfast - it is so meager that you can't help but laugh. It was the butt of many jokes on the long drive home!
The view is spectacular!!! The autumn foliage was in full bloom during our stay. The hotel is ok, it needs deep cleaning but it was ok for a short stay. The breakfast could have been better if they added sausage or bacon. If only for the view and the chairlift, it is worth it!