Courtyard by Marriott Traverse City is a nice location for families with children to go. This hotel is within 10 miles of the The Village at Grand Traverse Commons, Dennos Museum Center and Music House. A nearby attraction is the Great Lakes Children’s Museum. The 3-star hotel has 83 rooms; it also has a swimming pool and fitness center.
Courtyard by Marriott hotels are located in more than 35 countries and provide all the comfort of a Marriott brand. Rooms are spacious and some hotels provide kitchens or kitchenettes, and most locations feature one on-site restaurant, swimming pools and Wi-Fi. Learn more about Courtyard by Marriott hotels.
Our Editor Loves
- Better for business than vacation
- Category 5 Marriott??? Not on your life!
- Nice facilities however too pricey and poor room location.
- Free Wi-Fi
I stayed for a day in the Courtyard at Traverse City. It was a very bad experience for me, especially for the price we paid.
1) The bathroom was clogged and once the first person took a bath, no-one else could. :(
2) There was a very basic arrangement in the room. Even for getting a shower cap, I had to go to the front desk.
3) The only source of water was to buy bottles from a vending machine. There was no water provided in the hotel room. I had to buy water to even make coffee in the room.
All in all it felt worse that staying in a inn where I pay generally about $80 to $100 a day and here I ended up paying $290 a day. It was just ridiculous. My review is going to get on Trip advisor too.
by Arthur S
The Marriott Courtyard in Traverse City was very clean and conveniently located, near the downtown, but also well located to access the route to the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes National Park. The manager, Bryan, had cones set up to save us sufficient spaces for our motorhome. He is obviously an excellent manager. All personnel were friendly and helpful. The food in the Bistro was so good that we stayed in the hotel for our four evening meals.