At Family Vacation Critic, we aim to provide balanced, unbiased reporting at all times and take our journalistic credibility very seriously. It is central to the aim of the site to provide you, the reader, with an accurate and reliable resource on all aspects of family travel. By pairing our editorial content with reviews from our members, the site provides a wide variety of viewpoints and extensive depth of content. Family Vacation Critic accepts advertising, but remains strictly impartial from an editorial standpoint — something which is made clear to all advertisers seeking to promote products or services on the site. Our strict policies refuses promised editorial, particularly positive reviews, in exchange for advertising.
Due to limited resources, we do, like many media outlets, accept paid-for travel and hospitality from time to time; however, this does not and will not influence our reporting in any way. The sponsors of such hospitality are aware that by inviting us to review a hotel, attraction or destination, it is ‘at their own risk,’ regarding how we report on the experience. We will not provide positive reviews that are not warranted, even if our travel was sponsored. Wherever possible, we pay our own way where resources allow.
Family Vacation Critic is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Copyright Complaint Policy
If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by us infringe your copyright, please provide the written information requested below. The procedure outlined below is exclusively for notifying TripAdvisor that your copyrighted material has been infringed.
Please provide the following information in the following format (including Section Numbers):
1. A clear identification of the copyrighted work you claim was infringed.
2. A clear identification of the material you claim is infringing the copyrighted work, and information that will allow us to locate that material on the Website, such as a link to the infringing material.
3. Your contact information so that we can reply to your complaint, preferably including an email address and telephone number.
4. Include the following statement: “I have a good faith belief that the material that is claimed as copyright infringement is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
5. Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and I am the copyright owner, or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
6. The notice must be signed by the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notices of claims of copyright infringement on this website should be emailed or mailed to:
– TripAdvisor LLC., Attn: Legal Department, 400 1st Avenue, Needham, MA 02494
– Phone Number: 781-800-8658
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys fees) if you make a false claim of copyright infringement.
We will review and address all notices that comply with the requirements above.
Repeat Infringer Policy
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable law, TripAdvisor has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at TripAdvisor’s sole discretion, subscribers or account holders who are deemed to be repeat infringers. TripAdvisor may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Site and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
Our team of parents and travel experts chooses each product and service we recommend. Anything you purchase through links on our site may earn us a commission.