by Morgan Agesen
Just over 4 miles from Killington Mountain is this affordable and family-friendly resort. Amenities include complimentary continental breakfast, free parking, and a ski shuttle to the mountain. This hotel is pet-friendly, as well ($25 per night, and a $100 deposit). Rooms feature free Wi-Fi, microwaves, refrigerators, and coffeemakers. Nearby attractions include Billings Farm Museum, Shelburne Museum, and Killington Adventure Center, and nearby activities include biking, sailing, hiking, golfing, and boating.
Our Editor Loves
- Complimentary continental breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
- Water Sports
- Free Breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
We were looking for an inexpensive hotel for our leaf-peeping - and this fit the bill. easy access, centraly located in Vermont, near the intersection of Routes 100 and 4. This is NOT a 5 star hotel, you get what you pay for. Continental breakfast was included but it was just a couple of selections of dry cereal and dry pastries. Lobby was very unkempt. The owners could really do more at making the lobby/breakfast area look more inviting. But the room was clean and kept up daily on our 4 day stay - so certainly no complaints!
Staying in a fall foliage weekend, we did not have much options. Our first night we stayed in a Days Inn in Rutland which costed us 180$ (incl 2x20 $ pet fee..) a night. Compared to that the Hillside Inn motel was a bargain at half of the price and it was MUCH cleaner.
-location, i prefer to be in Rutland vs Killington for the food and shopping options
- parking is an issue. We ended up parking "in the forest". First I was pretty pissed off because of that (when arriving and being tired). Looking at things in the morning, it was not that bad.
- the staircase. We had our dogs and staying on the 3rd floor was not convenient
- bad quality of blankets and sheets
- excellent lay out of the room with separate toilet. Finally a hotel with a separate toilet!
- the price (still a lot of money but that is the area/time of the year)
- all stuff you need is there (internet, a good TV, fridge with freezer, ...)
All in all, not a bad choice for us.
We did not use the breakfast but drove to Rutland for that.