by Terry Ward
The Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport is conveniently located in the heart of Orange County. Stay right near the neighboring cities of Irvine and Costa Mesa and get the best of both worlds. Make sure to check out the sandy beaches and local dining, shopping and entertainment attractions. Plus, the magic of Disneyland is just a short drive away. At the hotel, you’ll find many family-friendly amenities, including onsite dining. The Panini Restaurant and Lounge makes mealtime convenient and delicious. Splash with the kids or relax after a long day at the outdoor pool. There’s even a hot tub to take a quick dip in. The fitness center boasts state-of-the-art equipment, perfect for your workout on the road. Parking is free, keeping your costs as low as possible, and laundry service is provided for your convenience.
Our Editor Loves
- Outdoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Onsite dining
- Theme Park
- Water Parks
- Water Sports
- Free Wi-Fi
- Onsite Dining
I travel frequently for work and would usually book hotel chain that I’m familiar with. Holiday Inn being one of them.
However I will definitely not want to stay here again. There are plenty of improvement required and here’s the list:
1) Being an internal Hotel chain, they don’t have an adapter to loan out.
2) The elevator is creaky and with dim lighting, kind of like those you see in ghost movie, talking about away from home and staying alone.
3) Tried to use the stairs to avoid the elevator, it was worst because the whole stairwell is dim and smells like pee.
4) The sink smells like sewage when you turn on the tap, reminds me again of another horror movie where there’s a dead body in the water storage tank.
5) The toilet seat has chip on it that looks like dirt stuck on it until closer inspection.
6) Discolored and shrunken towel that looks like it’s seen better days are included as clean towels. Did not dare unroll it, Incase something unsavory fell out.
Lastly, they have a single seat sofa, placed near the window under a standing lamp, in very dark color, not a specific complain but after the elevator, stairwell and sewage smelling sink, this chair gives me the creeps.
And also, I tried to write to management from the IHG website but it does not allow a simple entry, hence this review in a public domain.
The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the bar area was small with limited seating. One of the things that annoyed me the most was the breakfast menu. If you like eggs, eggs and more eggs, the menu is for you. Since I paid for breakfast in my room rate, basically egg was all that was available. No Pancakes, No French Toast, No Fruit, No cereal, No yogurts. Just eggs, bacon, sausage and ham, along with toast. The wait staff was friendly. The price wasn't that bad either if you had to pay cash.
The hotel is located right off the main highway and you hear vehicle noise all the time if you are in front of the hotel. The pool was smack in the front of the hotel with limited umbrellas, so that was a bust. But I needed some more points, so I chose this hotel.
I was tempted to stay here many nights in the summer of 2018, but because I was annoyed with the IHG program taking 50K in points because of their mistake, I avoided the chain for over 40 nights of being away in 2018 and 2019.
Anyhow, my point balance was getting low so I stayed here for 7 nights.